[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to be a huge sellout and write a YA trilogy made entirely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (210KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1000x563px
I want to be a huge sellout and write a YA trilogy made entirely of cliches and with no original ideas whatsoever. I know I need a white 16 year old as the main character in a love triangle with shirtless dudes in a postapocalyptic future, but what else?
>>
>>8627041
Why not just make a YA version of Infinite Jest ?
>>
Be a pioneer to introduce LGBT shit to YA. Makes one of the boys a non-binary genderfulid quasi-queer alien cyborg
>>
>>8627049
>Be a pioneer to introduce LGBT shit to YA
>pioneer

https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/ya-lgbt
>>
>>8627041
see if you can write a successful fanfic first

>>8627049
lol are you really this stupid
>>
>>8627041
>white
make her mixed race but only name her mix once so people can forget about it fast and picture her white.
>2. make her a sociopath
whatever her goal is it does not matter how many are caught in the crossfire. only remember them when you need drama. also nothing is ever MC's fault, someone made her do it, her world conspired to do it.
>setting
does not matter what the setting is. the future, the french court, everyone acts like they live in a suburbs and the king, top guy is a mean father
>evil
There is only 2 forms of evil, pure darkness and "bad guy" who will end up being a frenemy or was just an ass who was keeping away bigger evil
>Sex
no sex. kissing is ok, doing 1 fade to black is ok, never have a sex scene. I have seen 1000s of readers turns on a book.
>ddsfaesfsa
Im not feeling like thinking up all the shit that usually happens, if you have questions then ask them and I will tell you if it works or not. if we are just shitposting then let me know
>>
>>8627049
>pioneer
>LGBT
kek
>>
>>8627083
Fanfiction fundamentally requires different skill sets from original fiction. But it's still generally the same audience as far as YA is concerned, so perhaps spinning a successful fanfic based on an existing YA franchise can work. Hell, if it works, OP can just change all the names and publish it as original work.
>>
>make fun of ya novels

very original.

why not do something that requires some thought and make fun of the enshrined, untouchable, so-call "greats" that the pseudo-patricians on this thread read and pretend to jizz over?
>>
>>8627306
that's how 50 shades of gray came to be
>>
>>8627343
I'm a YAfag myself and I still recognize the value in just sheer literary brilliance and technical skill in wordplay.

If anything, you can make even better YA if you take from literary sources. Just because YA has the reputation of being 'dumbed down' doesn't mean you can't put more effort and imagination into how you structure and introduce the work through the language.
At the very least, popular YA is talking to a lot of people in terms and ideas they understand and value, whats wrong with that? Even if they are kids, about half of YA readers are adults reading to enjoy themselves.
>>
Why don't you write about a transgender thing getting an introduction in the LGBT community. Oh and his dad wasn't around growing up. Then have him/her (himher??) meet a refugee from some third world country. Then they move into a racist neighborhood and have to over come adversity with solidarity.

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... its so sentimental
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.