[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you on your third exploration of Nietzsche's oeuvre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Nietzsche.gif (1MB, 1274x955px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.gif
1MB, 1274x955px
Are you on your third exploration of Nietzsche's oeuvre yet, /lit/? This is where it really begins.

First you read him as a teenager without much patience or context and cherry pick and misunderstand.

On your second visit you are embarrassed for your first interpretation but not yet distanced for it. This is often in your early twenties. You are more well informed and have a more in depth understand of philosophy in general. But in this phase, people still consider their teen Nietzsche to be Nietzsche. In other words, Nietzsche's work is tainted for them by their first experience. Their former idolatry sickens them. This is the time where most people cast Nietzsche aside because they confuse him with their own former incompetent readings. People in this age like to think of themselves as having overcome their teenage years, being more sensible, more adult. There is a certain flirting with common sense that they consider maturity and like to dismiss Nietzsche while secretly dismissing their former selves and casting off the things they associate with it. They throw out Nietzsche like an old band shirt. Like their adolescent poetry. This is a necessity.

Then some years later, in your late twenties perhaps, you may feel enticed to read some Nietzsche again. Maybe you've encountered a quote or found an old paperback laying around. And this is where great things start happening. You've embraced him once and you've dismissed him once. In both cases probably largely for the wrong reasons. But having loved and despised Nietzsche's work, you are finally able to engage with it properly.

>When Zarathustra had spoken these words, he paused, like one who had not said his last word; and long did he balance the staff doubtfully in his hand. At last he spake thus--and his voice had changed:
>I now go alone, my disciples! Ye also now go away, and alone! So will I have it.
>Verily, I advise you: depart from me, and guard yourselves against Zarathustra! And better still: be ashamed of him! Perhaps he hath deceived you.
>The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies, but also to hate his friends.
>One requiteth a teacher badly if one remain merely a scholar. And why will ye not pluck at my wreath?
>Ye venerate me; but what if your veneration should some day collapse? Take heed lest a statue crush you!
>Ye say, ye believe in Zarathustra? But of what account is Zarathustra! Ye are my believers: but of what account are all believers!
>Ye had not yet sought yourselves: then did ye find me. So do all believers; therefore all belief is of so little account.
>Now do I bid you lose me and find yourselves; and only when ye have all denied me, will I return unto you.
>Verily, with other eyes, my brethren, shall I then seek my lost ones; with another love shall I then love you. And once again shall ye have become friends unto me, and children of one hope: then will I be with you for the third time, to celebrate the great noontide with you.
>>
Bitch I'm on my fourth Nietzsche encounter. I spent last night having sex with a Nietzsche cybrid and he's about to ask me to bear his consciousness for him.
>>
>>8625862
>ye

for what purpose?
>>
>>8625887
fascinating
>>
>>8625862

Don't know about the context of reading Nietzsche in this way, but there's just something about ages 25-35 (read: circa age 30) where men become fully adult, and solidify mentally. A combination of life experience and knowledge, together with a fully developed worldview, lead these men to do the things that they do with the remainder of their lives.

Christ did his big stuff in his early thirties. Marx was about thirty (plus or minus a matter of months) when the Manifesto dropped. Buddha was reputedly 35 at Nirvana. In his meme-/On Women/, Schopy has some line about how men actually mentally /become men/ about about "eight and twenty", while women never really have this.
>>
Nietzsche is edgy shit.
It's also shit just like 70% of post 13th century philosophy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.