[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some writers of the Arabic world that have been influence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: can't wake up.jpg (1MB, 1000x1504px) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
1MB, 1000x1504px
What are some writers of the Arabic world that have been influence by the thinkers of the West?
>>
>>8625777
The classic philosophers. Averroes, Al-Ghazali, the list probably goes on.
>>
thats one fugly tranny
>>
>>8625791
eat this flower, dear (:
>>
>>8625777
Deep down we all know it's just envy.
>>
>>8625777
Tayeb Salih wrote his greatest work about said "influence"
>>
File: caraOK.png (433KB, 406x505px) Image search: [Google]
caraOK.png
433KB, 406x505px
>>8625824
Elaborate.
>>
>>8625891
Season of Migration to the North is about a brilliant muslim orphan who moves to London and drinks the west. Hilarity ensues.
>>
File: 1464748910206.png (2MB, 1556x801px) Image search: [Google]
1464748910206.png
2MB, 1556x801px
>>8625777
>people STILL claim John is a beta
Care to explain why ?
>>
>>8625896
>a brilliant muslim orphan who moves to London and drinks the west

an elaborate metaphor of becoming homosexual?

>No unicorn could safely roar,
>And dash its nose against the door,
>Nor sit in peace upon the mat
>To eat the dog, or drink the cat.
>>
>>8625791
Johnno does have that FtM look about him.
>>
>>8625777
Naguib Mahfouz and Abdul Rahman Munif
>>
>>8625906
He's a non-sexual friend with a liberal lesbian. Sounds beta to me.
>>
>>8625906
19 girlfriends, every one of them broke up with him, not the reverse
>>
>>8625982
>non-sexual friend
i thought that all friends are non sexual by default...
>>
>>8625982
>implying you've touched a girl other than your mother
>>
File: mgid-uma-image-mtv.jpg (56KB, 726x465px) Image search: [Google]
mgid-uma-image-mtv.jpg
56KB, 726x465px
>>8625982
It's "non-sexual" in that Cara is John's cuckquean and knows her role as the witness to John and his many other lovers. Maybe someday he'll let her in, who knows ? The possibilities are endless.
>>
Is the guy to her right really a tranny? It's hard for me to tell.
>>
>>8626037
It's his son.
>>
>>8626043
his wife's son
>>
>>8626075
in a way yes
>>
>>8625788
The philosophers of the Golden age were particularly affected by Aristotle for some reason. Very underrated, all of them, although most of them were better commentators or scientists than philosophers.

Alhazen first proposed the law of inertia, but of course, newton gets the credit.
>>
Naguib Mahfouz and Taha Hussein
>>
>>8626168
>Taha Hussein
overrated hack
>>
>>8626184
Well, maybe he isn't the best fiction writer out there but his autobiography is a pretty good read. Plus he contributed a lot to Arabic literary critique, and most of that was based on western influences.
>>
>>8626087
They were also influenced by Plotinus.
>>
>>8626000
lol and that's why you're beta
>>
>>8625982
only betas feel sexual urges and seek sexual gratification
>>
Ibn Sina is monumental. Aquinas mentions him something like 400 times in the summa.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.