[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know much about reading, but is the taste of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I don't know much about reading, but is the taste of the people on this board basically as shitty as the taste of people on /mu/ who are just getting into music? I look at some people on that board, and some people go off and develop their own taste and their charts won't look anything like the people who are obviously new and just listen to the exact same thing everyone else is listening to. I look at the recent vote that went on on this board and I see how it's the same chart as the chart of the last 2 years, I sort of wonder of when I look into the books that this board talks about if this is like, the entry level taste that you see on /mu/ but in book form.

I know it's probably better than most people who don't read books, duh. But there's always going to be that pocket of people with super patrician taste, like these guys in my city who organize avant garde music concerts, who I went to to talk to before the concert one time and they all sort of treated me like a creep and weren't nice to me at all; so I ended up never going to see any shows that they put on ever again. I just hate being so lonely sometimes you guys, I really hate living in total isolation, I don't have any friends and I haven't had any pretty much since elementary school, when making friends was as easy as inviting your whole class to your birthday party, or asking people if they want to come over to your house for a sleepover.
>>
What does it matter what people on a mongolian drawing board read or rate books as? Read what you want to read, simple as that. Don't live your life like a retard.
>>
>>8623116
I just want to find good literature. It's not easy.
>>
>>8623108
Fuck off, anime pedo scum
>>
The books mentioned here aren't necessary bad, just don't expect /lit/ to actually discuss literature, such as any 4chan board this is more about meme-shouting than actual discussions.
>>
>>8623108
yes.
>>
>>8623118
It's incredibly easy. It's the easiest thing in the world. It's inexhaustible and /lit/ offers a great entry point into it.
>>
Actually lit is very elitist. You won't find many places where white dead straight male authors are respected nowdays
>>
>>8623132
Wait, there's places that talk about lgbt authors? DIRECT ME TO THESE PLACES.
>>
>>8623108
Books like Infinite Jest, Ulysses, and Gravity's Rainbow are given the most attention because they are long books that are difficult for some people to read for various reasons. Because so much praise has been given by outside sources to the most beloved books of /lit/ it is safe to call them your favorites. These books end up being a litmus test for the /lit/ hivemind.
>>
>>8623145
I've been coming to 4chan since '05 and those books haven't changed. I'm pretty sure I have a good idea as to why, they hit that sweet spot between being 'cool' to read, fame, and complexity.
So your average 18 year old that pops out of high school english is looking to broaden their horizons, they aren't going to go shakespeare. If they got any books it was probably something like Catcher in the Rye, Great Gatsby, etc. that leads them to joyce or dfw if they want more teen angst.
I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, they just move on after awhile and get lives, or stay here and make posts like this telling the youngsters to shut the fuck up grandpa is talking.
>>
that's correct OP.

for example, since i'm italian, let's take the wikipedia page of XXI century italian authors (italian literature is considered shit tier on this board, except for dante and machiavelli):

https://it.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Categoria:Scrittori_italiani_del_XXI_secolo&pageuntil=Bertani+%2CRiccardo%0ARiccardo+Bertani#mw-pages

2430 revelant italian authors in the xxi century, 2400 of them will never even be nominated on this board
>>
>>8623216
eat pasta and dhit up mario
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.