[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went looking through the archive, catalog, and the Wiki that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1357150798547.jpg (11KB, 258x314px) Image search: [Google]
1357150798547.jpg
11KB, 258x314px
Went looking through the archive, catalog, and the Wiki that had herpes level of ads.

Can anybody recommend me some hard-boiled detective novels? I'm looking for a page turner, maybe a first person perspective, with plenty of fights, smoking, drinking, swearing, the works. Can you help me?
>>
Wrong sort of board for that kind of literature. It's all artsy fartsy here.
>>
>>8622740
Oh. Do you know which board would help me with that? I figured this would be the place to go.
>>
>>8622748
I wouldn't know though I don't think there is one on 4chan. This is the only book one and they try to a highbrow literature board.
>>
Ever heard of ad block dumb faggot
>>
>>8622714
Have you read nelson demille? start with his plumb island series. Its p cool and has a lot of relevant social and political commentary. Probably very looked down upon in this board since its pleb pop fiction.
>>
>>8622714
Not sure if you've already read the classics, but I enjoyed reading The Maltese Falcon. It's like the prototype of this genre, with some good twists and turns.

Also google provides some good lists.
>>
>>8622748
/r/books would probably have some recs, though they don't have taste so it might be useless
>>
>>8622794
No I haven't. I just watched Blade Runner and figured I'd enjoy reading something in that vein. Thanks for your suggestion!

>>8622773
I'm smelling what your stepping in. I've been reading H.P. Lovecraft a lot lately and I wanted something a bit more dumbed down for a while.
>>
>>8622800
Ok I'll add that to my list. Thank you for your suggestion.

>>8622804
I usually lurk on /v/ and /vg/, won't people get triggered if we mention reddit? Either way I suppose I could wade that way.
>>
>>8622813
If you're just looking for a fun read and are okay with fantasy, you might like the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. It's about a detective who uses magic in a modern setting.

But you didn't hear that from me...
>>
>>8622851
You didn't hear this from me, but I've read all of those books and I love them.
>>
>>8622714
Jim Thompson is noir which is similar to hard-boiled. I liked "the killer inside me", which has most of what you are looking for.
>>
>>8622856
my man

whoops I mean >g-gtfo pleb
>>
>>8622714
The City and The City
>>
>>8622864
>>8622875
Thank you!

>>8622870
So I take it the rest of the board, being so high-brow, doesn't like those books then?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.