[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art by definition is communication — communication between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: lecturer.jpg (113KB, 1300x953px) Image search: [Google]
lecturer.jpg
113KB, 1300x953px
Art by definition is communication — communication between the artist and the audience. If it’s not communicable, it’s not art.

If in your literature you reject the notion that language is definite, you will not only confuse and frustrate your readers, but worse: you will confuse and frustrate yourself, because you won’t know the meaning of the things you’re trying to communicate.
>>
Whatever, journal pulp.
>>
>>8620778
To express the ineffable is the highest aim in art, plebian
>>
>>8620778
It is also something else. Violence is also communication, between the inflicter and the victim, and the victim, but you wouldn't say violence is art, you fucking retard, would you?
>>
>language is definite
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>8622007
yes I would
>>
>>8622029
This guy thinks 9/11 was a work of art
>>
>>8620787
Soz, not possible.
>>
>>8620778
Art and communication, that I can get by.

But your next paragraph is simply shit and it clearly shows you have no experience with it whatsoever. Language is not "definite", whatever you mean by that and there is no relation between thinking language as "definite" and confusing or frustrating the other guy. In fact, it is quite the opposite, if you think what you're saying is set in stone, you are not seeing the other as an interpreter of what you're saying, you're not acknowledging how communication occurs and so you'll be talking to yourself and thinking you're talking about the world. It will only make the other more confused and frustrated.

Not to mention communication works both ways, and the speaker is not sole responsible for its "success" (which is not really a success, but that's beside the point).

Also, meaning is not something you know, it's a relationship of its own kind. It's not an object that is equally accessible by all others, but the allocation of certain signs in relation to all others, in various unique ways. You don't "know" the meaning of the words because meaning is not an inherent quality of the words, but something you build (and can build along with the other, which is what communication is about).

Remember that between what you're trying to say and what you actually say and what the other hear and what the other want to hear, there are gaps.
>>
>>8622045
Dream the impossible dream, anon
>>
>>8620778
>Art by definition is communication
Whose definition?

>>8622040
kek, see http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/30/arts/music-the-devil-made-him-do-it.html
>>
>>8622061
>kek, see http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/30/arts/music-the-devil-made-him-do-it.html

Not that anon, but I'm pretty sure that was the joke, friend.
>>
>>8622007
>you wouldn't say violence is art, you fucking retard, would you?
what is bdsm?
>>
>>8622007
he said art is communication, not that communication is art, you autist.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.