[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was in a thread titled "What are you a snob about."

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: plebbit.png (310KB, 994x883px) Image search: [Google]
plebbit.png
310KB, 994x883px
This was in a thread titled "What are you a snob about."
What do you think about his taste, /lilt/?
>>
>>8620062
I don't care.

Why are you emotionally invested in what he thinks?
>>
>>8620062

faggots that post on reddit
>>
>>8620065
I just thought it would be funny to post it here.
>>
>>8620062
I'm also a bit of a writing snob, heh...

I read Dostoevsky once, didn't even really particularly care for it...if you can comprehend that...
>>
>>8620073
For what purpose? Are you in need of constituting your idealized self-image by having others jerk you off and validate your opinion?

If so, here: lol what a pleb retard. We are much more patrician!
>>
Holy.... I want more....
>>
>>8620087
By calling me out and by showing anonymous people you are so "above it" you are essentially doing the same thing you accuse me of, although I am not admitting to seeking validation.
But thanks for calling him a pleb retard that's essentially the correct response.
>>
>>8620087
>>8620065
Same guy here, only just looked at the pic, and the dude is clearly a retard. But stop shitting up this board with things you get outraged about on plebbit, tumblr, Twitter, Facebook etc.

Make threads about good books you actually enjoy and want to discuss
>>
>>8620062
there were two Gods, one if you count enemy
>>
Sure the story would've been more interesting if told from a different character, but Harry Potter was especially designed to be a character kids universally can identify with. He's a bit clueless and self-conscious, with good intentions and hopes to be a good person. Then you add the element of him being a kind of superhero from his magical powers and position within the wizarding world. Now you've combined who most kids actually feel like and who most kids would want to be. He's supposed to be bland, also to compensate a bit for saving the world all the time. No one likes a perfect character and he's just thick and unremarkable enough to not make readers resent him.

Other than that I mostly agree, though I think Rowling's writing greatly improved throughout the series. Also really enjoy how she started out with stereotypical characters, like younger kids are used to, and wound up adding conflicting traits etc that made them into more complex and believable characters at the end. Dumbledore to me is by far the best example of this. Great writing there. He starts out as a great gimmick of the quirky, infinitely kind and wise old man, and ends up being a character who is still very striking and endlessly talented but also tormented and fatally flawed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.