[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

His insecurities aren't even charming. I just find him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (724KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
724KB, 1600x900px
His insecurities aren't even charming. I just find him to be self-absorbed and sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ytSdSM-Kk
>>
>>8618426
21:30 for the definition of pomo lit
>>
Yeah, he was an unquestionable wreck of a human being. This is pretty depressing. The real question is if his works will stand for posterity.
>>
>>8618437
I worry for the kids that look up to him.
These kinds of people don't seem like very valuable role models to me.
>>
The little sequence starting at 24:26, ending at 24:41 is one of the most painful things I have ever watched
>>
>>8618441

I think his work is bunk, it's all just an interesting portrait of a man's neuroses and some people will relate to it or find it interesting for whatever other reason but he spoils everything with the most pathetic retooling of "secular" Christian humanism ie "new sincerity" and I think he was absolutely justified in killing himself.
>>
>>8618455
>justified in killing himself
You can't be serious.
Please explain.
>>
>>8618460
He's just being edgy, anon.
>>
>>8618464
Well I think it's terrible.
It's all over /pol/ right now and it's just awful.
Where does it get anyone?
It's like a giant copout.
>>
>>8618460

The man was deeply fucked up, divided and in denial. Only regrettable thing about his death is karen green's experience.
>>
>>8618470
The regrettable thing about his death is he robbed himself and his audience the experience of watching him mature and get over himself.
Same thing with Kurt Cobain.
These super stars get all built up on this stupid Hollywood driven society and they become narcissistic jerks that would rather end it all to save face instead of growing up and being decent men.
It's nothing to joke about or take lightly.
>>
>>8618473

Jesus fucking christ you really took the new sincerity b8, didn't you?

Look, there are the elect and the reprobate. DFW was obviously one of the latter. His death was appropriate.
>>
DFW hooked into me really deep and I was a walking DFW character for a while. I had some CT-tier moments.

I'm better for having gone through it... for having gotten over it... but yeah, it was fucked up. But I was fucked at 18 and now I'm alright.
>>
>>8618485
Meh he was just a brat.
He obviously had plenty going for him.
Maybe he just should have stayed away from writing.
>>
>>8618486
Glad to hear.
>>
>>8618488

he didn't quite cut it at tennis either. he was cursed with almost-legendary greatness at his two big "things" in life. he exemplifies this type so well that he'll probably be remembered for a long time as the kind of narcissist often ruined by the specifics of our historical moment.
>>
>>8618493
I always wonder how family and friends of people like this let things go this far. Money and fame seem to really fuck people up.
>>
>>8618448
Were you blind until today?
>>
>>8618460
>>8618469
how's kindergarten
>>
>>8618512
It's juvenile to respect life?
I think being edginess and using ridiculous insults like "how's kindergarten" is far more juvenile.
You guys can box me into some weird literary movement known as "sincerity" but I don't care. I don't want to fit in with a bunch of jerks.
>>
>>8618517
>teacher! the other boys are being mean!
kys
>>
rip
>>
>>8618527
What teacher?
You're ridiculous.
There's no one here to silence your petty ridicule and I welcome whatever you've got which doesn't seem to be much.
I'm proud of loving life and see no good reason to be ashamed of it.
>>
both of you, log out
>>
>>8618531
>I'm proud of loving life
I wish I could be proud of complete non accomplishments.
>>
>>8618426
that part about the achievement of his brass ring being empty was pretty cool, also i have unending admiration for charlie rose's interview skills. great video thanks for posting
>>
>>8618493
could you elaborate? what kind of specifics are you referring to?
>>
>>8618536
At least you've got meming going for you. Do you not love life?
>>
>>8618555
There's nothing to love in life, it is, and that's it.
>>
>>8618555
That wasn't the point.
>>
>>8618561
You're wrong.

>>8618562
You suggest loving life isn't an accomplishment.
I disagree. Loving life is an accomplishment and sometimes takes a great deal of work and discipline. When you can tell that you are at a point that is more loving than you were in the past you feel accomplished and proud and rightly so.
Rather than arguing about whether it is or not I thought it far more prudent to just directly confront you and ask if you love life.
Had a feeling you wouldn't answer.
>>
>>8618571
>Loving life is an accomplishment
So is eating 500 kilograms of manure.
>>
>>8618426
>I just find him to be self-absorbed and sad.
I thought Charlie Rose was an alright interviewer.
>>
>>8618580
I thought he was great.
If anything he should have been harder on David.
>>
>>8618571
>Loving life is an accomplishment
How the fuck is a feeling an accomplishment?
>sometimes takes a great deal of work and discipline
Well, >>8618577.
>Rather than arguing about whether it is or not I thought it far more prudent to just directly confront you and ask if you love life.
Prudent in what way? I don't know what "loving life" means so I don't have an answer anyway.
>>
>>8618431
"A real beaker of acid in the face of the culture..."
Wow.
>>
>>8618586
So you don't love life?
Well you know what.
I don't believe you.
>>
>>8618590
>So you don't love life?
Do you literally not know how to read?
>>
>>8618590
>so close at being a haiku
You fucked up
>>
>>8618590

what the fuck kind of autistic shit are you two talking about

go to sleep
>>
>>8618593
You know that I do.
>>
>>8618584
>If anything he should have been harder on David.
>DFW killed himself 11 years too late
>>
>>8618600
Then how the fuck do you turn
>I don't know what "loving life" means so I don't have an answer anyway.
into
>So you don't love life?
?
>>
>>8618610
You know how I did it.
You know what I'm saying.
I don't need to explain myself.

>>8618601
Well maybe he wouldn't have if he'd ever felt loved enough for someone to intervene and slap the shit out of him.
>>
>>8618614
>You know how I did it.
>You know what I'm saying.
No I don't.
>>
>>8618616
I'm saying your act blows.
All your cool kid edgy shit is old news
Anyone can do it and it don't make you special and it sure doesn't show off any kind of individuality.
Take a stand.
>>
>>8618621
>le narcissist assumes everyone else is narcissist too
He probably just meant you sound like an enabling cunt, anon. Or at least that's how you're coming across with this concerntrolling bullshit. DFW's life probably wasn't worth living and the people who hero worship him are as sad and empty as those who hero worship other vapid cunts like him have always been since Echo.
>>
>>8618448
t. triggered feminist
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.