[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to start reading more, however I believe I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160826_102740.jpg (3MB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160826_102740.jpg
3MB, 4000x2992px
I really want to start reading more, however I believe I've been scarred from the instant gratification from video games, internet etc.

I start to read and some books are great, such as 1984 I couldn't put it down, but for some books I really struggle to maintain attention.

Are there any other anons who share this and is there a way to remedy this?

Sorry for slightly off topic thread but with all these bob dylan threads I'd say this is pretty decent bred
>>
>>8615227
Where was this picture taken?
>>
>>8615227
>I want to lift heavier weight, what should I do?
>I want to swim longer distances, what should I do?
>I want to be a better basketball player, what should I do?
>I want to be better at talking to girls, what should I do?

does this line of questioning not annihilate your post?

the answer, ofc, is to read more. Any book you find a struggle to read simply put down. There is some level of book you can read (clearly this includes 1984 for example); read those. If you want suggestions, it would be helpful to have a list of a half-dozen or so books you've read that you've enjoyed.

as an aside, I wouldn't worry that you've been "ruined" by video games or tv. the issue with these mediums (in relation to reading) is that for many people they fulfill or eclipse the desire or motivation to read. You clearly have that motivation as evidenced by this post, so you have the ability.
>>
>>8615252

Eagles Peak, Berchestagen, Germany.

I went travelling in Europe this summer and I just had to go. Hitler's teahouse that window view is from!
>>
>>8615261
based, I live in Austria, gotta visit some time. Also, just read in small doses. 5 pages in the morning, 5 at noon, 5 before bed, before long you'll be reading much more.
>>
>>8615272
first 10 pages are the hardest to get through. once you make it that far might as well keep going till you burn out, your comprehension is going to suffer if you only read 5 at a time
>>
File: IMG_20160825_180619.jpg (3MB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160825_180619.jpg
3MB, 4000x2992px
>>8615272

Yeah ok I'll try, also I've eliminated reading on a computer screen, I find myself opening facebook before my consciousness catches up with what I've done!

You definitely do, you can see Salzburg from the top. There's the lakes at Bergisee or something along those lines. Beautiful.
>>
Just gotta read more, m8.

My own trajectory to being a heavy reader was through comics. Going through an entire Wednesday worth of comics (or even just 10-15 comics) in a single day takes some effort and stamina. So, even though it's a different medium, I feel like it worked the same "muscles".

Beyond that, you can only engage with the text and try to bring it to a level where it's interesting. The fact that even one book was "hard to put down" is a very good thing because that means you don't have ADHD -- rather, you just suck at finding that perfect "flow" with other books.

>>8615254
This.
>>
>>8615261
>Berchestagen
Berchestgaden. I was there, too, as a kid, the only thing that impressed me was the big ass elevator, the rest was a bit of a downturn
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.