[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. Otherwise, you start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Holden.jpg (371KB, 1089x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Holden.jpg
371KB, 1089x1600px
"Don't ever tell anybody anything. Otherwise, you start missing everybody."

What did he mean by this?
>>
only pussies are sentimental
i like fucking chinks and i never learn their names
kys fags
>>
Keep yourself safe from life by not living.
>>
What I get from it is that don't ever get too close to anybody, don't tell them how you feel etc, otherwise you will miss them when they are not there.
>>
If you understand Neon Genesis Evangelion \ EoE then you can understand this.
>>
When you share parts of yourself with people, you create moments of connect that, later on, in times of loneliness, you remember and it fills you with longing.

If you think of the book as a whole, his entire odyssey in NYC is him meeting up with various people and divulging (or, interestingly, lying and thereby refusing to divulge) parts of himself to others. Everything is told in the past-tense, so he's remembering all the events with some longing as though he misses those encounters. He chalks this longing up to the fact that he had a connect with all these people, even those to whom he lied.
>>
>>8614076
He meant, "I, J. D. Salinger, am a Jew by blood , through my father, and I will see white men's tales of honor and adventure replaced by angsty-yet-appealing trash. My fellow Jews will do the same for the movies, television, consumer products, and the culture at large."
>>
>>8614700
> I will see white men's tales of honor and adventure replaced by angsty-yet-appealing trash
"I will see white men's coming of age stories replaced by white men's coming of age stories"

what?
>>
File: 13758656.jpg (82KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
13758656.jpg
82KB, 496x700px
>>8614751
Jews are not white people, and before 1950 it would have been difficult to find a white non-Jew anywhere who would have disagreed with this statement. Although Jews will assume the white identity when it suits their goals, most Jews would throw every last white Gentile down a well if they thought it would mean more prosperity for *their* people, the Jewish people.
>>
>>8614810
Shut the fuck up you retard. You don't even have the mental capacity to understand Catcher in the Rye for fuck's sake, you're just the other side of the coin of the underage morons who idolize Holden and think like him despite the ending of the book which is the whole point that the book was setting up. As expected of /pol/.
>>
>>8614810

>>>/pol/
>>
>>8614810
>Jews are not white people, and before 1950 it would have been difficult to find a white non-Jew anywhere who would have disagreed with this statement
>the separation of Jews from other races by blood rather than religion and social darwinism were only introduced around WW2 era and were contained in nazi Germany

What did /pol/ mean by this?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.