[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got through the Amazon preview and I neither liked it not hated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (99KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
99KB, 711x1080px
I got through the Amazon preview and I neither liked it not hated it. I'm ambivalent about the characters and plot so far.

Is it worth it in the end, or will I end up hating myself for trudging through something meh?
>>
>>8611244
1000 page unfinished book that needed to be 100% rewritten

That's a no from me

But a yes from American publishing hype machine and edgy teens

It is safe to ignore Bolano.
>>
i enjoyed it right from the get go, so i can't be sure if you'd like it more as you went along
>>
>>8611251
>i am a huge faggot please rape my face
>>
>>8611244
The last 200 pages are like Vollmann on steroids, and are perhaps the best example of magical realism that doesn't reek of awful cuteness. It's the true magic in mundane, and it's breath-taking.
>>
>>8611251
The beauty of /lit/ memes is that they are actually good, except maybe IJ, but even that's clearly an important book, if not a good one. YeCarthy and Bolano-a-shit contrarians are amusing, though.
>>
>tfw pinecucks get triggered when someone names based Bolaño
>>
Bolaño is an absolute killer. If you don't enjoy his work don't be a fucking loser and ask other people if you should read it anyways. The last section is probably the best, followed by the first.

>>8611251

This post gives the impression of having substance but on closer inspection is actually retarded
>>
>>8611278
What are some other examples
Of magical realism?
>>
>>8611244
>I got through the Amazon preview

Good on you, OP, now KYS.
>>
>>8611352
Among my favorites - Borges and Rushdie.
>>
>>8611405
Are you me? Here's a tip for those who know ... check out danilo kis.

>bolano is great
>>
>>8611278
THIS GUY FUCKING GETS IT.

the part about archimboldi is some of the best fiction writing ive ever laid eyes on.
>>
>>8611244
why does the quote at the top say BOLA—O
>>
>>8611443
are you that fat heroin addict chick who i was trying to have sex with for like a year
>>
>>8613076
>Among my favorites - Borges and Rushdie.

You spent a year trying to fuck an overweight drug addict?
>>
>>8613092
she was thicc and liked danelaw fish
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.