[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heading to Barnes and Noble tomorrow. Going to pick up the Mistborn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Mistborn-cover.jpg (86KB, 350x532px) Image search: [Google]
Mistborn-cover.jpg
86KB, 350x532px
Heading to Barnes and Noble tomorrow. Going to pick up the Mistborn trilogy. Any other books you would recommend? I tend to like fantasy and tactical espionage type stories. I am definitely open to non fiction as well!
>>
Tom clancy?
>>
>>8609289
If you're going to read fantasy you may as well pick up anything by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Dunsany or Tolkien
>>
File: 594px-thumbnail.jpg (189KB, 594x768px) Image search: [Google]
594px-thumbnail.jpg
189KB, 594x768px
Barnes and Noble's Don Quixote is the best Don Quixote edition, but not a lot of people know that. It comes with Doré's illustrations.
>>
>>8609317
Also, with Tolkien I'd reccomend you begin with Farmer Giles of Ham rather than anything on Middle-Earth. If you must go Middle-Earth pick Children of Hurin or The Hobbit, on that order of preference, with Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion dead last
>>
>>8609317
I read the Nght Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks and it was fantasy but it had a lot of mature situations and brutal shit going on, what are some good books that arent hobbit or lord of the rings from Tolkien?
>>
>>8609352
I'm going to stick to my tolkien meme and tell you to read children of hurin if you want dark fantasy. Reading Tolkien is kind of important to understand modern fantasy. Children of Hurin is deliberately a incredibly straight tragedy in the classical sense

You could also try most things by Wolfe, who is also one of the only fantasy authors /lit/ doesn't shit upon, but in that case you should also read Tolkien at some point because he was one of Wolfe's major influences
>>
>>8609377
Thanks for help. Im making a list of books to check out. Got any recommendations on weird espianoge type novels? Like metal gear solid meets tom clancy?
>>
>>8609289
is this really what this board has become?
we have descended into madness
>>
>>8609390
Can't help with that, sorry. You could try making a goodreads account
>>
>>8609400
Eh?. sometimes you just want a Big Mac

also op try his Stormlight series
>>
Don't read Mistborn. It's basically a video game novelization.
>>
>>8610147

He wants a mix of Metal Gear and Tom fucking Clancy. He literally wants to read a video game.
>>
>>8609289
Naked Lunch
>>
>>8609289
Don't get Mistborn, get the first two Stormlight books then read his backlog if you like those. Pick up that Conan collection if they have it. Other suggestions are The Walking Drum by Loius L'amour, Alamut by Vladamir Bartol, and the Black Company books by Glen Cook.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.