[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get this? apparently some of lovecraft's stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 9780575081567.jpg (20KB, 400x430px) Image search: [Google]
9780575081567.jpg
20KB, 400x430px
Should I get this? apparently some of lovecraft's stories are utter dross, I only want the good ones

ISBN10 0575081562
>>
pls
>>
He was pretty patchy, whatever volume you get will give you some slightly shitty stories along with the good, just get one.
>>
I have that sitting next to me right now Senpai. It's good. Though it is missing shit like nyarlathotep. Book feels nice and comfy. Smells great too. I would say yes.
>>
>>8608588
The only full collection of his ive read was Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and Macabre and all the stories were great. I'd say go with that one.
>>
>>8608588
Why get a partial when you can get the complete fiction of lovecraft for $10-15?

>>8608725
>Though it is missing shit like nyarlathotep.
The fuck? That's one of the more important short stories.
>>
>>8609180
But doesn't that include the shit ones?
>>
>>8609208
Read them all, decide on your own which ones are shit, and skip them on subsequent readings.
>>
>>8609218
I have a job
>>
It's a comfy book, theres a companion volume 'Eldritch tales' if youre left wanting more
>>
File: 4564554.jpg (72KB, 584x794px) Image search: [Google]
4564554.jpg
72KB, 584x794px
Just in case it would bother you, there's nothing but a Stephen King quote etched into the back. Would be nice if it didn't have that desu.
>>
>>8609230
What a shit excuse to be spoonfed what is and isn't good.
>>
>>8609535
It's like 800 pages, I don't have time for that shit
>>
>>8609918
Oh, please. If you have time to make shit threads here, you have time to read a few easy stories now and then. You don't read these things in a week cover-to-cover, you dip into them when you feel like some old horror or weird fiction. If you're looking for some kind of efficiency in reading new authors, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>8608588
Honestly you can just grab the text of the essential works by HP from the net.

I would go with
1. The Outsider
2. The Rats in the Walls
3. The Colour Out of Space
4. The Call of Cthulu
5. At the Mtns. Of Madness

If you are interested in those try these
6. The Shadow Over Innsmouth
7. The Dunwich Horror
8. The Shadow Out of Time
(Honestly none of his stuff is bad, because most of it is unique imagery, but yes some is such far superior than the others.)
All of these all available online
>>
>>8608588
It's a pretty comfy book but a little weighty if you read in bed for prolonged periods. Can't speak for the quality of the content but I've enjoyed most of what I've read so far.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.