[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you identify logical thinking from sophistry in the Absence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1395216485066.png (10KB, 143x134px) Image search: [Google]
1395216485066.png
10KB, 143x134px
How do you identify logical thinking from sophistry in the Absence of Objective Truth?

This might sound stupid but it has been bothering me for a while.
>>
>>8606372
>anti-realism

kys
>>
>>8606377

Elaborate
>>
>>8606372
Spoiler: there is no distinction. Sophistry is logical thinking. You just got spooked by Plato.
>>
File: 1409313287825.png (4KB, 227x261px) Image search: [Google]
1409313287825.png
4KB, 227x261px
>>8606418
>You just got spooked by Plato.

Is there anyone you i trust?
>>
>>8606372
Sophistry is logical thinking too, just the basic assumptions on which the logical construct is build upon, are wrong.
>>
>>8606372
It does sound stupid but that's no surprise coming from a tripfag. Fuck off to a different website.
>>
Logical thinking brings something after something else. I relate one sentence with another, and another. You can tell when they contradict or agree with each other. What does not exist is the certainty in that first gap between what you're saying and what is, because whatever it is, you can only know how you perceive it at a certain time and place. Not only that, you can only speak of it using the language that you know.

Your question seems to be "what do I have as standard to compare the two?". And point being, there is nothing to compare except what they say with what they say.
>>
If we do not know objective truth, then we will face difficulty in trying to identify sophistry among truth.
If object truth is absent, then there is no identity.
Logic and lies are then equally lacking in truth without a ruling truth that can identify them.
>>
Dialectics.
>>
>>8606372
You can't.

>>8606698
That doesn't correspond to reality, because saying it doesn't make it so.
>>
You can't hope for objective truth, but you can strive for it, that's logic. Sophistry operates on a set of preconceived notions, you aren't looking for truth (or its closest approximation), but for a justification
>>
>>8606372
>logic
Gay, unfunny, for fags
>sophistry
Cool
>>
>>8606372
>identify
try "differentiate" and replace from with between. And why did you capitalize absence?

another shit post from a tripfag, what an absolute shocker.

>>8606377
>>8607423
this

>>8606432
>anyone you i trust
oh my
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.