[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who is this guy and why does /lit/ worship him? and what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Stirner02.jpg (22KB, 220x567px) Image search: [Google]
Stirner02.jpg
22KB, 220x567px
who is this guy and why does /lit/ worship him? and what's up with the spooky thing?
>>
His basal notions are something I tend to agree with in spirit, but my practical arm is always pulling.
>>
his name is le mememan spookbuster supreme
>>
This man, in my land he is nothing.
>>
File: engels chick.png (207KB, 457x500px) Image search: [Google]
engels chick.png
207KB, 457x500px
>who is this guy
Max Stirner.
One of the, if not the, most edgiest of the Young Hegelians, a group of young intellectuals (e.g. Engels, Marx etc. are associated with them). Hegel, hugely influential, died in 1830 or so and they were a progressive group that fapped over Hegels ideas and each had their own spin and favorite topics and they discussed it. Mostly, they were contra the Church and a strict Prussian government, but often couldn't do much against it directly.

>why does /lit/ worship him
He's an individualist and wrote things similar to Nietzsche, but also quite different. There are no photographs of him, only two scribble pics by Engels (you posted one, have another scibble) and those offer themselves to memes. His book is also very funny for a philosophy text, arguably tricky to read without context, but still not hard to follow in idea.

>what's up with the spooky thing?
It's a concept that he introduces early in his work - "Der Einzige und sein Eigentum" (The Unique/Only one and his Property). That's his one main book and people on /lit/ take "spook" to be the essence of his text.
A spook is an idea that you come to be fixated on so that you in turn base your action on it without thinking. ("I'm a Vegetarian, so I can't eat meat!" - you're spooked, you don't make individual decisions for yourself anymore - Stirner says do what's in your interest, don't eat meat if you think it's unhealthy, but don't act from the standpoint that there is this rule. The Fatherland or Freedom, Religion, becoming rich, those would be typical spooks - ideas that people put above themselves at one point, and then stop thinking.) On 4chan, spook is however sometimes almost used as substitute for "non-material meme". As in "You study STEM, but academia is fucked. Science is a spook." It's become a cheap way of insulting something and most things called spooks here aren't.
Spooks are but a aspect of Stirners work, though. It's also to a large extent about property, stuff you own, in a very broad sense.
It crosses with the Nietzschean line of thought in that both say to be sure about your power (to act in your own best interest. Emphasis on "your own").
>>
>>8604119

Good post.
>>
>>8604119

Good job anon, someone on here actually reads the things they talk about
>>
>>8604119
>Stirner says do what's in your interest, don't eat meat if you think it's unhealthy, but don't act from the standpoint that there is this rule

I love him already, whats the best entry way into him?

don't say anus
>>
>>8604283
>best entry way

There's only the one book
>>
>>8604283
>I love him already, whats the best entry way into him?

why do you want to read him?
>>
>>8604299

Why would he have to justify himself to you?
>>
>>8604304
I have no answer to that because I don't think he has any obligation to.

Rather I am engaging in the ancient art of asking him something.
>>
>>8604119
Genuinely well-written response anon.
>>
>>8604334
>Rather I am engaging in the ancient art of asking him something.

Touche'
>>
>>8604340
kys
>>
File: 1475362316680.jpg (13KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1475362316680.jpg
13KB, 227x222px
>>8604119
lmao someone got spooked
>>
>>8604566
So what if he got spooked? Being spooked isn't bad. "Bad" is a spook.
>>
File: 1475495334138.png (26KB, 345x504px) Image search: [Google]
1475495334138.png
26KB, 345x504px
>>8604642
Spooked!
>>
>>8604289
Nah he wrote some other stuff that nobody reads, like the false principle of our education for example.

That said... the best way into him is just to read The Ego.
>>
>>8604642
Yup, that's exactly what St. Max says too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.