[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only enjoy reading books that bring me new theological truths,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 485867.jpg (908KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
485867.jpg
908KB, 3840x2160px
I only enjoy reading books that bring me new theological truths, everything else seems totally unimportant.
Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>8602855
yes. You should be reading books that bring you metaphysical truths, not theological truths.
>>
>>8602855
>>8602895
You both think in terms of "truths" rather than ideas or viewpoints
>>
>>8602898
That's the only way to think, friend
>>
>>8602895
I know what you mean but theology encompasses metaphysics desu.
Most people just don't see how religious ideas connect with metaphysical ones because the level of metaphysics involved is very complex and far exceeds the system of aristotle.
>>
>>8602906
But one man's truth is another's lie
>>
File: 35412355_p0.jpg (1MB, 1729x879px) Image search: [Google]
35412355_p0.jpg
1MB, 1729x879px
>>8602898
Whenever I see people thinking like this, I usually try to tell them there's ultimate truth and stuff but then they just give me that whole science thing and how we're all made of space dust.
That's fine and all, if you're the kind of person who uses double quotes to emphasize your own skepticism of certain words then who am I to judge?
But for serious, when you say that there's no ultimate truth you're probably appealing to the fact that all things are composite and can be dis-integrated and as such nothing is really what we conceptually imagine it to be.
Ultimately speaking nothing exists at all since being can't be proved to be qualitatively different from non-being. I get that, I really do.
But you are considering reality as if it were abject from experience, which realistically speaking is impossible but you do it nonetheless by creating a mental model of the universe which is purely material and in the which none of your own ideas and thoughts exist.
So by doing this you are only convincing yourself that your made up empirically verifiable model of everything is the extent of reality, while the truth is quite different because anything known is real, and ideas and concepts and consciousness are known and thus exist and have just as much eidetic vividness about them as what is physically palpable.
So the goal is to adjudicate these things on their own terms, not try to walk around them by taking them apart and saying "see! consciousness is just brain matter it don't really exist lol!"
>>
>>8602932
>he thinks opinions can't be true or false

back to Plato with you

>>8602925
some theological questions cross over with metaphysics, just as some questions at the foundations of physics cross over with metaphysics. Metaphysics is a broad topic that encompasses a great many subjects, but there are many questions that are exclusively metaphysical
>>
>>8602989
No I'm saying theology includes all of metaphysics as a proper subset.
>>
>>8603020
Well, that's not right
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.