[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What about these books? These barnes and noble classics. Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (345KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
345KB, 1280x960px
What about these books? These barnes and noble classics. Are they high quality and worth own or is Everymans superior?
>>
>>8601478
The only one that looks half decent is Arabian Nights. I don't know about the quality of the books, but I would assume not that great since I always see these books on sale at B&N
>>
They're worth 20 bucks or whatever. I have a few.
>>
They're probably fine for if you want a Folio Society/Easton Press style "premium book" without the premium price. However the main disadvantage of those types of books is that you're pretty much required to install individual book plinths with a glass case and lighting for each one. So unless you've got a McMansion or live in a warehouse, it'll take up a lot of floor space.
>>
The quality is fine and they look really good imo. The oldest (and most read) one I have is the H.G. Wells collection and looks almost new. If you take care of your books they're fine, just might not last to give to your grandkid
>>
Canterbury classics are the best leatherbacks
>>
>>8601478
ugliest books i have ever seen
>>
>>8601478
My friend is letting me borrow one.
The quality seems fine, it won't fall apart while you read it. Pages are Bible style, but more robust. I don't see glue in the binding, but it doesn't feel weak.

Everymans is better, but they're hard to beat. My school has some Everyman's Editions older than my grandparents
>>
>>8601478
is that the whole narnia series on one volume?
how big is the typeface inside?
>>
Don't buy any of these, go to ebay and buy Easton Press or Franklin Press books second hand.
>>
>>8601478
I could tell from the thumbnail that these were shit.
The only ones worth reading are the illiad/odyssey and divine comedy, and I would not buy these versions
>>
Tacky as fuck. Shit quality as well.
>>
>>8601478
I have some of these. They were purchased on sale at a Sam's club for various birthdays. They're often on sale and worth a cheap price. The quality is fine but definitely not excellent. They're basically hardbounds with faux leather covers. Nonetheless, they look pretty nice and do their job as collected works. They also look good to normalfags or anyone who doesn't know much about books, which is a plus if you're trying to impress people.
>>
Disgusting. They look like something teen girls would buy because they are colourful.
>>
>>8603041
this
if a grown man would own something like those books i would not respect him
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.