[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright I've just finished rolling a fat Afghan kush blunt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: stoner.jpg (40KB, 313x499px) Image search: [Google]
stoner.jpg
40KB, 313x499px
Alright I've just finished rolling a fat Afghan kush blunt and I've sealed my room. About to read this bad boy for the first time, what the fuck am I in for?
>>
>>8601429

A depression.
>>
>>8601429

I lost
>>
>>8601429
it's such a trippy book dude
put on some phish and enjoy the ride
namaste
>>
read it completely blazed can't remember shit but that book is funny as f*ck
>>
You've made a mistake the main character''s name is Joseph Stoner, henve the title. The book actually has nothing to do with smoking in any way. All the best.
>>
File: 1475521738790.jpg (165KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475521738790.jpg
165KB, 640x480px
>>8601489
>Joseph
>>
File: 1454473543208.jpg (239KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
1454473543208.jpg
239KB, 500x451px
>>8601429
It's pretty boring and not that great.

I don't understand where all this praise is coming from.

Maybe Butcher's Crossing is better.
>>
>>8601494

My bad, it's Jonathan.
>>
>>8601510

Augustus>Stoner>Butcher's Crossing
>>
>>8602590
How's Augustus better?
>>
>>8601429
Serious question though,

Why didnt stoner ever fight back? Against edith's gradual estrangement of him and grace, against lomax's subversive maneuvering among the english department, why did he never put his foot down? I can sympathize with the stoic inactivity of his character, but why could he never draw a line in the sand and make a stand for himself? Was that supposed to be the point?
>>
File: agonizing.jpg (629KB, 2536x3104px) Image search: [Google]
agonizing.jpg
629KB, 2536x3104px
>>8601429
What seems to be a lifetime of sadness, a climax that reaches the heights of heaven, yet it also lines with the back cover. You'll enjoy it
>>
>>8602672
I feel as though it would have turned out to be something not-so serene and gentle. Stoner's nature throughout the book was made clear to be soft and cautious. I think it was what made the book stood out. Stoner did draw the line in the sand (e.g: when he busted Walker's balls at the graduate speech test thing (I forgot the name and don't have the book handy))
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.