[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading translations >not learning the author's language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 1446687186598.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1446687186598.png
129KB, 724x611px
>reading translations
>not learning the author's language
>not meticulously remodeling your domicile to authentically replicate the living situations of the author when he wrote the work
>>
>>8600696

this reminds me of the /vr/ users who play on a crt, with original hardware, and make their senile mothers drive them to the store to get the genuine sensation of being a kid in the 90s and getting and buying a new videogame.
>>
>>8601167

This is a thing?
>>
>>8600696
>he doesn't dig up the authors corpse to have sex with it
>>
>>8601167
CRTs are objectively way better though, especially for retro gaming.
>>
File: 1.jpg (84KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
84KB, 520x390px
>not learning pre-reform Russian
>not going through female hormone treatment
>not doing plastic surgery to perfectly resemble Mrs Tolstoy
>not developing and using a time-machine to go back to mid-19th century Russia
>not killing without a trace the future Mrs Tolstoy
>not seducing Leon and marrying him, losing your virginity in the process
>not becoming his personal scribe
>not putting down on paper 6 different versions of War and Peace as he dictates them
>not getting the joke on "mir" and knowing that he actually meant "world"
>not witnessing every hesitation in the dictation of his philosophical musings
>not understanding those aren't hesitations but profound appreciation of wondrous ideas
>not feeling an infinite sadness at your inability to be and understand the beautiful mind that shares your bed

It's like you guys don't even want to read properly
>>
File: mike.png (160KB, 261x271px) Image search: [Google]
mike.png
160KB, 261x271px
>>8601242
>>
File: 1471330550620.png (12KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1471330550620.png
12KB, 205x246px
>not becoming a devout Christian and living in extreme poverty while reading Les Miserables
>not committing murder and robbery while going through a mental breakdown while reading Crime & Punishment
>not playing tennis while reading Infinite Jest
>not hunting your own archnemesis whale while reading Moby DIck
>not killing yourself while reading The Human Condition
>not getting falsely accused of a crime you didn't commit (do this before C&P) while reading The Trial
>not psychologically and sexually dominating the life of your step-daughter while reading Lolita (see above)
>not disregarding your own mother's death while reading The Stranger

In my opinion, not putting yourself in the mentality of the book is like barely reading it at all. In other words, you're a fucking pleb.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.