[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend a good book for my girlfriend to get her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: woman-reading-alexander-deineka.jpg (21KB, 320x304px) Image search: [Google]
woman-reading-alexander-deineka.jpg
21KB, 320x304px
Can anyone recommend a good book for my girlfriend to get her into /lit/ ?

It's her birthday and I want to buy her a book, she's just started getting into reading but so far she's read Gone Girl, Pretty Is and is currently reading Roald Dahls collection of short stories "Madness" I want to ease her into some good stuff.

Any idead helpfull, cheers boys
>>
Chilly Scenes of Winter
>>
Jane Austen
>>
>>8600581
if you care so much then get a girlfriend that is already /lit/ get her game of thrones and other popular shit(no Gone Girl is not /lit/). get her brandon sanderson
>>
Why don't you get her another short story collection. You can buy an anthology from Penguin/Oxford so she has a range of writers to get acquainted with.
>>
>>8600606
what are you talking about dude? I'm just trying to find a nice present, and being fairly new to literature myself I thought people here would know some good suggestions. Stop being so bitter.

>>8600586
>>8600605
thanks lads, Will check these out, P&P or S&S seem like good ideas

>>8600607
Any particular ones you can suggest?
>>
>>8600624
>Any particular ones you can suggest?
Praying Drunk, by Kyle Minor
>>
Stoner.
>>
>>8600624
I personally liked The Penguin Book of Modern British Short Stories.
>>
>>8600644
Anything by Williams seem like a good way to enter literature, but maybe more for men than women. I can't imagine a girl being fascinated by Butcher's Crossing. Is that sexist?
>>
Girls are incapable of feeling or understanding empathy or honor. They only care about being being desired, attention. It's not just a meme, trash like 50 Shades of Grey will be the only thing she'll enjoy.
>>
>>8600717
Well how can I change that? I've noticed we don't have this emphasized the way boys do, but I like to think that I can do something about it

One thing I've thought about is creating content where morals are impressed upon a girl from a woman's experience, like a guided Bildungsroman, but do you or anyone know of any such works that already exists? Where the ultimate goal isn't to have a girl desired but more complete, more noble and heroic?
>>
>>8601280
Jane Eyre. Jane Eyre. Jane Eyre.
>>
>>8600581

madame bovary
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.