[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ I need your help. Currently in college doing Business,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1437964717335.jpg (146KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437964717335.jpg
146KB, 960x720px
/lit/ I need your help. Currently in college doing Business, it's not hard but I've very little interest in it and the thought of working a mediocre desk job (ie, probably the most likely outcome of completing the degree) for 40 years makes me want to kill myself.
There are other majors I can switch into if I wanted - English, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science, Graphic Design - but none of them really jump out at me.
Lit is my big passion but the college is primarily a tech/business institution so the whole arts department seems pretty half-assed. That plus the employment opportunities further down the line are notoriously grim.
I was thinking of just throwing out the whole thing and going for a CS degree desu, at least then employment is pretty much guaranteed.

What did you major in?
What is the most /lit/ major?
>>
most /lit/ major ought to be english language/literature or philosophy
>>
>>8597446
who is she and how do I motorboat her tits and ass?
>>
>>8597446
Major in English. While in undergrad start building a portfolio of copy (i.e. be a copywriter/make up mock copy for made up business/real ones). Do it with friends. Find people in web design and graphic design and make whole websites. It'll look good for all of you. Start to get freelance jobs in undergrad (not too hard). Make some cash. Graduate. Keep freelancing and reading/writing, assuming you want to write for a living. Copy requires discipline. You'll become a better, more versatile writer. Either freelance forever to make money or get a full time job as a copywriter and write after work. Your call.
>>
>>8597446
avoid design at all costs. (both op and anyone on this board considering it)
>>
disgusting feet
>>
>>8597595
She's fat
>>
File: frog.jpg (269KB, 400x422px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
269KB, 400x422px
>>8597446

I majored in history. I'm now studying accounting. I would keep lit as a big passion, because if you major in English it might ruin it for you. I never felt like reading history in my spare time when I was an undergrad, now I actually read non-fiction for fun when I'm not trying to figure out just what account I'm supposed to fucking DR.

I was ultimately disappointed in the humanities education I received. I was rarely assigned the classic authors in my field, instead I spent hours reading hermetic (and very left wing) articles and monographs that informed the professor's opinions. For example I took a class on the history of South Africa and the professor spent more time talking about Nicki Minaj than Cecil Rhodes. We didn't have a lecture on the Boer War because "that was something we could just google." There were professors who unironically used the term "herstory" even though the word "history" comes from the Greek and has nothing to do with male possession. The best part of being a humanities student is learning how to write well and do research because those are actually useful and rewarding skills although they don't usually lead to a career.

If you are a somewhat culturally conservative /lit/ type you will most likely hate studying the humanities in college. And many of your fellow students will just be phoning it in until they figure out what they actually want to do in life. Some people will play on their phones or look at the internet for the entire class, it's pretty sad. Although I have to admit there are people who do that in accounting as well.
>>
>>8597666
agree
>>
>>8597747
yeah that's what I was worried about, I didn't really get deep into lit until I was about 16 when I'd gotten tired of the material in school and actively avoided English class. The syllabus at my college doesn't seem too bad quality-wise but it's pretty lightweight in the first year at least and it's only a 3 year course.

Honestly at the moment I think it's between Marketing, Polsci and Econ/Pol. Either that or I take a year off and go back to do either Philo somewhere else or a more narrow degree like CompSci or Nursing
>>
>>8597446
Currently double majoring in english literature and philosophy. I'm having a lot of fun and not thinking about the future
>>
>>8597595
t. Junot Diaz
>>
Major in marketing, be creative with how you increase your wealth, and do literature in your free time.
Eventually one you have a practical income flow you can live the lit lifestyle later in life with a higher quality of life
>>
>>8597446
>Germanfag
>failed Hauptschule (lower secondary education, almost for retards, stigma of producing low class scum people)
>Didn't learn shit. Learned English basically on my own by basically starting to consume EVERYTHING in that language, at first with subtitles and later without (Side effect: German dubs now make me hurl)
>started a vocational education at the end of which I would have gotten the Hauptschule Diploma for free
>just stopped going in one day.
>developed severe agoraphobia (self diagnosed to be honest, but I have left the house maybe 3 times in the last 10 years. I live in a small flat and when I have to go to the basement where my frozen food is stored, I get sweaty and nervous when I hear people that could be at the staircase)
>my entire life now consists of video games, tea, masturbating with the occasional slutty girl on skype (somehow I can bring them to cam for me without turning mine on), and of course books.
>plan on riding this out as far as a can, with the intent to an hero when I'm either old, or can't maintain this lifestyle any more.

So I'd say I major in failure with a minor in masturbation.
>>
>>8597666
i'd cum on them
twice if she was wearing stockings
>>
>>8597747

This is really stupid, 'History isn't etymologically a gendered term' just evades the point of your professor.

I'm a conservative studying the Politics + Sociology at university and haven't experienced anything as ridiculous as what you describe. I do not think people should take this person's claims seriously
>>
>>8597747
> There were professors who unironically used the term "herstory"
What
Like they actually stopped saying "history" and replaced it with "herstory"?
>>
Can someone give me advice?
I fell for the STEM meme and chose electrical engineering. I only had 3 semesters to go when I got kicked out of the major for failing too much. I can still appeal and get back in but I'd have to pass that class and I think I'm gonna fail it again this semester because I just don't care about it at all.

I fell for the STEM meme so hard that it seems inconceivable to switch to another major, especially when I only had 3 semesters until graduation. What is there to even switch to?

I could maybe switch to math because I have so many math credits but idk, that seems like falling for the same trap.

I have a lot of German credits and could switch to German, but that seems totally useless.
Should I just drop out?
>>
>>8597446
hey man, im sort of in your boat. i did commerce (american equivalent of business degree) and i hated it: couldnt see myself working in accounting or finance even though it drained a good 3 years of my life. marks were p shit as well since i always did the bare minimum. i graduated with no idea whatsoever how anyone can get any sort of pleasure out of accounting. the only thing it has going for it is employability.

finance is supposed to be more glamourous, until you realise it's actually glorified excel that happens to get paid $$$ for the long hours.

however, i did music on the side and now im going back for another bachelors. i know i wont make it as the 0.0001% concert pianist but im making decent money teaching little kids. after that's done im planning on doing a JD/law, which is probably the real end goal. consider it!
>>
>>8597595
any sort of support goes away and those tits fall off to the sides of her torso. learn about the real world, brother.
>>
>>8599773
Just finish your degree in EE pussy wtf
>>
>>8599773
Finish your degree
>>
>>8599823

>little kids

At least you're doing something right anon
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.