[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not /lit/ poster. Is this book worth it, if you are fan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: curesd-child[1].jpg (414KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
curesd-child[1].jpg
414KB, 2048x1536px
Not /lit/ poster. Is this book worth it, if you are fan of the HP series?
>>
>>8593435
its not a book. its a transcript of a play and its basically Shrek Forever After with homo subtext, so no not even an HP fan would like it
>>
>>8593435
>A fan of the series
>Not a lit poster

That's self evident isn't it m8
Smugfrog.tiff
>>
>>8593455
I know it's transcript and that it isn't even written by JKR herself. Still, I'd like to hear opinion of someone who actually did read it.
>>
>>8593435
Yes. It's good.
>>
>>8593465
well I told you my opinion, if you want specifics then ask. you know its shit when even parody version "a vary potter musical" is better or even the James Potter and the Hall of Elders Crossing is better
>>
>>8593455
>and its basically Shrek Forever After with homo subtext
kek
>>
>>8593465
It's truly, utterly shit. Ruins the HP world for me. Harry is an unimaginative asshole, Ron is a sad beta, everything sucks. The humour is also really bad, in a slap-stick way.
>>
File: 1464848648381.png (417KB, 659x462px) Image search: [Google]
1464848648381.png
417KB, 659x462px
Doesn't count as reading.
>>
My gf loves Harry Potter and she hated it. Don't bother. Also, kill yourself.
>>
I read the crap. It's literally just bad fanfic, and painfully destroys everyone's personalities. I cannot believe Rowling is defending and endorsing this insane Terminator 4-type fan-fic--let alone planning to make it into a new film trilogy and dragging back the original cast. Whatever happened to "All was well"?
>>
>>8593435
>harry potter was never for children, it was always for the 28 year old human resources workers they would grow into.
>>
>>8593435
i read it
i dont think its worth it
they don't talk like the originals at all, more shallow
no one has personality, the scenes teleport all over the place,

just feels like no effort was put in
I've read better fanfics
>>
>>8595468

I was one of the two finalists for what would be the new trilogy, but I was kicked out because my idea for the new trilogy was too bold. AMA
>>
>unironically liking Gary (Stu) Potter
I always knew there was a reason I hated that series as a kid. Thank goodness for memes
>>
Cursed Child Spoilers

Harry's son, Albus Severus, gets sorted into Slytherin. He becomes friends with Malfoy's son and almost nobody else. He and Harry fight, then Albus finds the last known time turner and uses it to try to save Cedric Diggory because it'll make his dad respect him or something. It backfires horribly. This happens like three more times because the protagonists are incapable of realizing that fucking with time might be a bad idea.

Eventually, it is revealed that the whole time turner thing was set up to fulfill a prophecy and bring Voldemort back from the dead, all organized by the secret love child of Voldemort and Bellatrix LeStrange. Then Albus and Draco's kid get trapped on the night Harry got his scar and have to get rescued by the whole gang before Voldemort's daughter can convince him to bail on killing the Potters.

Keep in mind it was written as a play, and takes place over several years. All the main characters (including Dumbledore) make token appearances, and the plot is hilariously contrived.
>>
>>8595468
Rowling's stories went to shit after the first fucking book, so what did you expect?
>>
>>8593460
I unironically like the HP series. Sue me.
>>
>>8595636
That's always the problem with "fanfic" isn't it? Whenever I read some, I feel like every second sentence or action is totally out of character for everyone. Would be even worse in the HP Universe since so many of the characters have a clear cut way of acting. There is so much stuff you know they would or would not do.

and while Rowling has many flaws (introducing time travel can ONLY end up bad, which luckily she figured out later on) She does have some fairly nice characters. I'm particularly fond of Dumbledore. A "big good" who has lots of problems, a dark fucking past and is amoral as shit.
>>
>>8597104
I SERIOUSLY hope this is fake because
>time travel
ALWAYS results in shit
>going over 20 years back
Why not go back to before voldies birth?
>Changing something which actively resulted in the re-rising of the resistance
They can't be that retarded.
>He and Harry fight
About what? Albus being in Slytherin? Being friends with the Malfoy boy? Harry would be 100% fine with that. Fuck at the terrible TERRIBLE end of the last book harry even said that being a slytherin can be a mark of greatness.
>Voldie back
The Battle for Hogwarts was merely a setback! This is a good way to invalidate basically everything potter & friends have fought and died for. neat.
>Lovechild
I hope this is just a phrase used by you, because voldie is literally incapable of feeling love. and not in a "oh he's so evil I bet he doesn't love" kind of way but in a: "His mother raped his father and conceived him under the effect of a love potion resulting in a child that is unable to feel or even understand love" way.
Also:
>Voldie fucking anyone
While he was at hogwarts and not powerful enough he might for some sort of gain. But after the rise? Nah. he had ZERO desire for physical contact with anyone. He would not stick his dick in anyone.

I SERIOUSLY hope that I write all this shit for nothing and that's not actually what fucking happens.
>>
>>8597238
this isn't fake, this is the real plot.
>>
>>8597358
My god... well... see my original points then. That reads like someone has vaguely heard about Harry Potter and decided to expand on that himself.

This is "The Phantom Menace" in fucking book form.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.