[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of his books or is there a video on-line that provides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (38KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
38KB, 650x366px
Which one of his books or is there a video on-line that provides a summation of his aesthetic or literary ideals and preferences or his arguments for them?

I don't want to read his critiques of individual books, and I'm unsure as to whether 'How to Read and Why' is adequate for what I'm looking for.
>>
>>8592361 I love Bloom, but from reading a couple of his book and watching all the interviews I can find of him, it honestly seems like his aesthetic preferences are just "I know it when I see it." Not saying that's bad, and there are obviously some works which are objectively better than others, but yeah you can't really measure these things in an objective way.
>>
the one where he mixes the jewish kabbalah with his canon
>>
>>8592646
>Bloom didn't do it so it's impossible to do
>>
>>8592912
>anyone on this board could possibly achieve anything Big Bad Bloom hasn't
>>
Bloom's formula is really simple actually:
1) Is it Shakespeare? If yes, then it's the best most trascendental and perfect thing that has graced literature through all possible instances and epochs of the universe. If no, then
2) Can you compare it to Shakespeare in some way, even if you have to shoehorn? If yes, then do a foreword for it where you talk only about it. Otherwise, there's no discernible talent.
>>
>>8594903
Then explain why he hated Infinite Jest, which is in many ways a retelling of Hamlet.
>>
>>8594912
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.