[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After a while of abstinence, I'm getting back into reading.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0970.jpg (85KB, 280x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0970.jpg
85KB, 280x367px
After a while of abstinence, I'm getting back into reading. I'm 75 pages into Atlas Shrugged, in which the "Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule" is introduced. I can say honestly that I picked this up because it was passed down from my great-grandfather. On the other hand, I really get into reading about what might lead to the world's decline.

Should I continue or pick up something else?
>>
>>8591405
Finish it.
>>
>>8591405
Find something good
>>
>>8591405

Definitely finish it, and pick up a copy of Mein Kampf or The Art of War when you're done if you haven't read either of those yet.
>>
>>8591405
Finish it.

This board is full of Marxist and neets who need handouts to survive. Theyll tell you to stop. They don't understand.

The fountainhead is good as well.

It gets better as you go. First 100 pages are the hardest.

IMO the ending feels rushed.
>>
I'm starting to think that being an egoist is the only way to survive in this world. Should I read this?
>>
>>8591558
Sure, if by "survival" you mean assimilating and conforming to the common social consensus of corporate capitalism, then... yeah.
>>
This book is pretentious and embarrassing. The ending is long-winded and painful unlike what >>8591525 said. There is an over 60 page speech built into the book. Pick up basically anything else, even Infinite Jest is less pretentious.
>>
>>8591564
Missing the point of the book so fucking hard.
>>
>>8591405
Keep reading it and just finish it, at least reach a point where you really can't take it.

I blew through the first half then as I read on I realized I wasn't actually a libertarian just an 18 year old meme loving fuck. I quit after the first 5 pages of the speech at the end because I just couldn't handle it anymore. It's a bad book, I read The Fountainhead before Atlas and it was much better but still not great.
>>
>>8591577

in which anon trolls anon into wasting his time reading the book in order to come to the exact same conclusion
>>
>>8591657
Underage reported
>>
>>8591525
You know, most of us hate this book because of how pretentious and insufferable Ayn Rand is, not because of our own personal beliefs.

The book has very little literary merit, has awful prose, and is just about as insufferable as the author herself is. I'd recommend a John Green novel before this.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.