[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why/how is it that whenever mentally ill people write someth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: wew.jpg (34KB, 564x451px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
34KB, 564x451px
why/how is it that whenever mentally ill people write something, it's so unsettling?

I read this and I feel like i'm going crazy.

>http://timecube.2enp.com/
>>
>>8588989
Depending on the mental illness, the individual might not process social information like a normal person.
Distorted views of logic and reality can be unsettling because the message conveys a way of thinking that is not that of a healthy human being.
>>
>>8588989
Also, that is one dank kettle.
>>
>>8589119
> mentally ill
> healthy

Well so much fascism there.
>>
I dunno. I'd link you to more but 4chan thinks it's spam. Anyway I like reading them, when you get into the author's headspace you become temporarily crazy too, it's like drugs.

Shout-out to Francis E. Dec, Gabriella Chana and Emily Glyde.
>>
>2016
>not knowing there are 4 simultaneous days in as single rotation of the earth

Step it up lads.
>>
>>8589123
It's 5 cups of tea or no cups of tea and no inbetween.
>>
>>8589124
>So much fascism here
I haven't even gotten into why the mentally ill should be forcibly sterilized by the state and placed in forced labor camps
>>
>>8589198
by that standard you and 99% of 4chan would undergo that treatment.
>>
>>8588989
What if you only one one cup??????? omg
>>
>>8588989
>Born CUBIC, THINK CUBIC
Was he a true patrician?
>>
>>8589211
Exactly.
>>
>>8588989
Reminder that nobody has disproven the 4day one Earth rotation theory. Teachers lied to children. The belly b is last ties to old system.
>>
It's sad and interesting reading/listening to people with schizophrenia who are obviously quite smart, but their brain is just not connecting the dots right.
>>
If you're not mentally ill, you wonder where the line from sanity to insanity is in your own mind; it has an indefinite location.
>>
>>8589225
Thai guy gets it.
>>
>all these cucks that believe they have the correct view of the world
>>
>>8589123
>dank
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>8588989
Who's to say we're right and they're wrong?
We think we're thinking clearly. They think they're thinking clearly. Who can judge?
>>
>>8589692
a lot of people actually.
reality is a constant despite what schizo's might think or say.
sure everyone is crazy in their own way but there's a huge difference between someone who is crazy within the confines of reality and someone who has lost the plot entirely.
>>
>>8589725
How do you know you're judging reality correctly?
>>
>>8589692
This guy gets it. Their whole being is being shown to a whole another reality which none of the "sane" can ever hope to comprehend aside from their babble and rambling. The easiest thing we can do is call them crazy
>>
>>8589726
because they correspond well enough with the realities of others.
>>
>>8589781
You're making an assumption, as schizos are, that the shared reality has anything to do with yours as well
>>
>>8589692
I don't think I'm thinking clearly.
>>
>>8589788
the shared reality DOES have something to do with my reality. what schizos have is a distorted view of the shared reality, which is what happens when you think solipsism is cool for way too long.
>>
>>8589815
So does the schizo's reality.

Honestly dude, I don't even quite agree with D&G on this, but it's very easy to see how belief in a "definitive" shared reality as opposed to a real flimsy one most people don't want to think about lest they go mad isn't such a clear issue.
>>
I posted some poetry I wrote here several months ago and an anon told me it was unsettling and creepy, that it made them wonder about my mental state the truth is that I just have a guro fetish and am mostly normal
>>
The idea of "mental illness" was sanctioned by the state and assimilated into organic mores because it was a convenient means by which law-abiding people could be removed from society. It has literally nothing to do with any kind of science, neither empirical nor rational.

>mild auditory intrusion = insane
>the entirety of humanity and all the things that comprise the material world are instruments for my pleasure = you go buddy
>>
>>8589822
all our realities have something to do with the shared reality. you can detach yourself from actual reality and play games in your head but that's not reality, this is exactly what schizophrenics do. in this process they lose the ability to comprehend the shared reality accurately.
this idea that they "know something we don't" and in a cryptic way is absolute rubbish. they simply forgot where they left off in terms of dealing with reality.
>>
Stuff like this doesn't strike me as being too strange because my dad is schizophrenic, but reading Gertrude Stein and attempting to parse certain lines from Henry James makes me feel like I'm being pummeled
>>
>>8589857
>this is exactly what schizophrenics do

This is exactly was most Westerners do.
>>
>>8588989
i like how huxley describes mental disabilities in the doors of perception. something like we can understand people with words and sentences but we often feel confused or uncomfortable around autistic kids because we cant communicate. no control or understanding. then he takes a bunch of lsd and starts understanding that things in a room are just as important

of course, im really fucking simplifying the book. its short, go read it.
>>
>>8590038
well that's exactly my point earlier about how we're all kind of insane. what separates the truly insane from the "normal" is the ability to acknowledge and deal with reality as it is.
>>
File: AIDS.jpg (52KB, 960x912px) Image search: [Google]
AIDS.jpg
52KB, 960x912px
>>8589841

Piss off, Foucault.
>>
I often wonder if there's any method/reason in the 'madness' of those writing whose mental health has gone to shit.

Nietzsche's last letters always struck me as particularly interesting:

Dear Professor,

When it comes right down to it I'd much rather have been a Basel Professor than God; but I didn't dare be selfish enough to forgo the creation of the world. You see, one must make sacrifices, no matter how and where one lives.— But I did secure a small room, fit for a student, opposite the Palazzo Carignano (—in which I was born as Victor Emmanuel), from whose desk I am able to hear that splendid music coming from below me, in the Galleria Subalpina. I pay 25 frs. including service, make my own tea and do all my own shopping, suffer from torn boots, and constantly thank heaven for the old world, whose inhabitants were not simple and quiet enough.— Since I am doomed to entertain the next eternity with bad jokes, I am busy writing, which leaves nothing to be desired, is very nice and not at all taxing. The post office is five steps away, I take the letters in myself, handling the great feuilletoniste of the grande monde. Naturally I am on terms with Figaro, and so that you will have an idea of how harmless I can be, here are my first two bad jokes:

Do not take the case of Prado too seriously. I am Prado, I'm also Prado's father, and I venture to say I'm Lesseps too...I wanted to give my Parisians, whom I love, a new concept—that of a decent criminal. I'm Chambige too—also a decent criminal.

Second joke. I salute the Immortals. Monsieur Daudet belongs to the quarante
>>
>>8589214
>>8589192
plug the holes you dumbtards lolmao if you actually buyed this kettle u will have seened that it comes with plubs in packaged in with it
>>
>>8588989
What if we are all crazy and they are the sane ones XD

You ever thought about that?????
>>
You should read the introduction to The Order of Things where Foucault describes madness as the mind as a sense-making thing continually trying to establish coherent sensibility among things as it continually fizzles out and can't find any constancy

It's pretty cool
>>
>>8590206

>You should read Foucault

How about no?
>>
>>8588989
http://973-eht-namuh-973.com/
>>
>>8590147
of course there's a method/reason, doesn't mean its worth jackshit.
nietz is a perfect example of how you can drive yourself insane.
all mental illness can be solved with action, not romantic bullshit rhetoric that only gets you stuck in the trap of the rhetoric game. you can't fix the mind by talking about what the mind should do, you simply use the mind in ways that are beneficial to it.
>>
>>8588989
I remember being 15 and thinking mental illness gives you whacky creativity rather than depression and inability to do anything. You've been blessed by the artsy bipolar fairly, Pavel!
>>
>>8590164
>lolmao
That's classic.
>>
>>8590131
what he's saying isn't foucault, or a it's bad reading of foucault
>>
>>8589822
Dolce & Gabbana's point, I think, is that schizo thought isn't a solipsistic internal world, or a distorted view of the shared reality, but always actually part of the social reality, which is itself made up of fantasies and codes
>>
this is my favourite genre of lit by far

"Gangster Computer God Worldwide Secret Containment Policy made possible solely by Worldwide Computer God Frankenstein Controls. Especially lifelong constant-threshold Brainwash Radio. Quiet and motionless, I can slightly hear it. Repeatedly this has saved my life on the streets.
"...Especially lifelong
constant-treshold
Brainwash Radio."

Four billion wordwide population - all living - have a Computer God Containment Policy Brain Bank Brain, a real brain, in the Brain Bank Cities on the far side of the moon we never see.

Primarily based on your lifelong Frankenstein Radio Controls, especially your Eyesight TV sight-and-sound recorded by your brain, your moon-brain of the Computer God activates your Frankenstein threshold Brain-wash Radio - lifelong inculcating conformist propaganda. Even frightening you and mixing you up and the usual "Don't worry about it" for your setbacks, mistakes - even when you receivedeadly injuries!"
>>
>>8590131
>>8591023
I don't know who you could point to name wise, but it's probably most close to the criticism that most mental illnesses that get diagnosed today are classified in spookily similar ways to how they were classified 200-300 years ago when the devil was jumping up your anus and into your soul or some shit.

Which in some ways is a decent criticism, but I feel like it's not all that effective against certain pragmatic arguments that appeal to there just being value in mental health shit.
>>
>>8591074
It's like so painfully sincere, but also fundamentally insincere in that it's delusional.
>>
>>8589692
if they tried to build a house they would probably fuck up and maybe hurt themselves in the process
our way of thinking actually works in this 3D world
this doesnt mean they are "wrong" but i would go with the "sane" ones
>>
>>8589125
you can link it if you dont type the dots
please post them this is cool
>>
>>8590097
>reality as it is.

Kek.
>>
>>8590097
you have no idea what you are talking about
>>
>>8588989
Hey guys, what if the insane..

.. were really the sane?
>>
File: Ct-qeruWcAApZ_B.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ct-qeruWcAApZ_B.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>8591745
>>8591745
>>8591745
>>
>>8588989
>tag someone who would use this *monkey covering his eyes*
>>
>>8590418
nietzsche had syphilis or a tumor or some shit

you can't think yourself into a ten year catatonic state that's retarded
>>
>>8591046
Thank you my dude
>>
>>8589726
You don't, but some people are more correct than other. It depends on the topic aswell. You for example are probably either non-racist or anti-racist, both are false positions
>>
>>8591807
what? you exactly get into a catatonic state from constantly thinking/talking to yourself, it's linked to schizophrenia.
>>
>>8592579
Correlation isn't causation anon.
>>
>>8592586
what a useless platitude. you get into a catatonic state by overthinking. how is that correlation?
>>
Actual mental health professional here
>>8591807
>Nietzsche had a tumor
Correct
>You can't think yourself into a ten year catatonic state
Not correct. Ten years is quite much, but most patients with catatonia are not caused by organic causes, they are either suffering from catatonic depression, or it's an exacerbation of pre-existing schizophrenia/other psychotic disorder
>>8588989
The reason it feels unsettling is because it's recognisable. Most mental illnesses are not random crazy ideas, they are 'normal' variations that get out of hand. You read the ideas of a mental ill person, and while reading it you feel that it's wrong, but you can also relate to it, because it's nothing more than a more extreme version of what could very well be going on in your own mind.
>>
>>8589692
>They think they're thinking clearly

I assure you many mentally ill people are very aware that they are mentally ill and they're mind is a mess.

Even when I was delusional I still knew that I was pretty loony.
>>
>>8592574
Oh my god, just wow
I'm literary shaking
This is a haiku.
>>
>>8588989
He's saying that thinking of one day as a Night-Morning-Noon-Sunset cycle is bullshit.
He wants night, morning, noon and sunset to all be classified as distinctive days rather than all be considered part of one day.

Night would be one day that travels the Earth, forever chasing after the setting sun
>>
>>8591714
Spaces are dots.
www bentoandstarchky com/dec/rants htm
www gabriellechana com
emilygyde altervista org
>>
>>8592706
nice.
that's interesting and i can understand the point behind it though i'd suggest to the obscurist that perhaps the word for day should be changed as day suggests morning (a sort of permanent metaphorical daylight) and i think that's what he's ultimately getting at.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.