[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Star Wars novels. Where's a good starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3727.jpg (72KB, 383x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3727.jpg
72KB, 383x630px
Redpill me on Star Wars novels. Where's a good starting point? Also, didn't Lucas arbitrarily deem the majority of them as non-canon a few years ago?
>>
>redpill me
>>
>>8588704
The starwars novels were always less canon than the movies in the weird 5-tier system they had, once Disney bought it they declared everything before the purchase non-canon.

Good star wars novels to start at are:
The thrawn trilogy with heir to the Empire by zahn
The xwing series by stackpole, which gets interconnected with a lot of the rest eventually
The "tales" short story anthologies with stories about the weird aliens in the backgrounds of the movies.
I stopped reading this shit in the early 2000s when the prequels came out.
I would suggest you read almost anything besides a star wars book, the enjoyment received from them is of the trashiest sort.
>>
>>8588716
>wanting to be blue pilled
>>
I heard the Thrawn trilogy was pretty good, for a star wars book.
>>
>>8588716

Nu-male detected.
>>
SW comics are better than SW novels more often than not in my experience but then again I've read more SW comics.

The ones I recommend:
Star Wars Tales - out of continuity anthology. If you're looking to be a SW trivia geek, this isn't the comic for you, but it can get pretty imaginative for a SW comic.
Tag and Bink - this is a comedy series and again probably not what you're looking for but it's pretty fun.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Adventures - there are multiple comics with related to the Clone Wars, this one is specifically a tie-in to the 04 series and the art style is exactly the same.
Legacy - takes place almost a century and a half after the OT and re-imagines everything. It's edgy at times. I haven't finished this one yet.
The Thrawn Trilogy - An adaption of the novels. Still one of the best SW stories in any medium.

And it was Disney that deemed everything non-canon, actually. These days Lucas has as much direct influence over modern Star Wars stories as you and I.
>>
>redpill me

Get out.
>>
>Star Wars novels
>redpill me
>non-canon
So many red flags in this post it's like a Maoist guerrilla army
>>
>>8588937
Very clever, bet you're proud.
>>
>redpill me
>>
>>8588957
Very slightly
>>
>>8588981
Only had enough in the tank for one """witty""" response?
>>
>>8589201
"yes"
>>
>>8588800
>>8588839
Anyone who talks about "pills" in that context is a mouth-breathing retard.
>>
>>8588704

I misspent my youth reading Star Wars novels. It isn't worth it. They are all fluff genre fiction.

I will say that the radio adaptation of the original films is worth listening to. Past that, though, there are better things to do with your time.
>>
>>8588704
get yoda dark rendezvous and Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
>Lucas arbitrarily
he sold it and Disney said it was non canon
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.