[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to find time to read? I'm an engineering student and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: pep-guardiola_3531431b.jpg (164KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
pep-guardiola_3531431b.jpg
164KB, 620x387px
How to find time to read?

I'm an engineering student and during the semester I find that I have no time whatsoever to read a book, much less a book a week like I usually do. What do?
>>
>>8588141
It seems you have time to post this
>>
read while doing other things, like showering, brushing your teeth, masturbating, driving, eating, boxing, etc.
>>
If you get distracted reading outside, say, in the school, you can take a nonimportant book and practice concentrating. That way, if you don't care to socialize all day in school or study for that matter, you can actually read.
>>
>>8588141
You think you're going to find time to read lying there on the street, you think people gonna leave time to read for you to find? You want time to read, you make it, lazy fox man
>>
>>8588145
reading while boxing,are you crazy?
>>
>>8588170
as if you could hold a book with gloves
>>
>>8588142
/thread
>>
I presume you don't have kids, if do have one day, then you'll see what is having no time.
>>
If something is important enough to you, you'll find time for it. If that cute asian girl from your engineering program (you know the one) texted you and asked if you could hang out some time, I'm sure you'd find the time.

But in all seriousness once you leave school and start working, the separation between your free time and work time is much more clearly delineated and that made it easier for me at least to allot much more time to reading.
>>
>>8588141
Any dead time you have - in bed; eating breakfast; on public transport; in waiting rooms; on the shitter. If you find that these aren't long enough breaks for you to be able to involve yourself in the text, I recommend that you find literature of a shorter format. Poems or short stories are great for times like these as you get through one in a single sitting. Then save novels for when you know you're gonna have a longer break.
>>
"finding" time rarely works. if something is important to you, you make the time for it.
>>
Listen to audiobooks in lecture. You'll literally read a page per minute.
>>
>>8588141
If you are studying engineering focus on engineering studies. Between semesters and during reading week (if you have one). Summer is also good.
>t.engineering grad
>>
>>8588741

This desu

Also, I applaud you for reading a book a week when it's not at all relevant to your degree/career

I'm a lazy pile of shit when it comes to reading and it's heavily involved in my major
>>
>>8588141

Fuck off, Pep. You're not winning the CL anytime soon, cuck.
>>
>>8588785
this desu
>t. another engineering grad

you could also try reading some short fiction, that worked well for me. it's how I got into joyce desu
>>
Just read before you sleep you dringus!

I'm finishing up my bachelors in ME, starting classes towards my EM, and working ~15 hrs a week at a consulting firm trust me desu:^)
>>
>>8588141
I'm in the same situation except I can't find time to write anymore. It's really taking a toll on me.
>>
If you're studying ALL day, you're doing something wrong.

I'm a semester away from finishing my pure mathematics undergraduate and I've never studied more than 3 hours a day. Not because I don't want to, but rather because my brain can only handle so much and after 3 hours I'm just torturing it, not learning, and ruining tomorrow's study session (for lack of rest). It is much better to relax, often I do it by reading a book.
>>
>>8588141
People who act like this trigger me.

Stay at home moms, anyone who works 36-40 hours a week, people who follow up a statement of this kind with discussion of netflix television, and undergrads especially.
>>
>>8588141
Start reading an hour before you go to sleep. Also read more on the weekends.

t. Engineering student double major
>>
>>8588142
this
>>
>>8588142
this is right
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.