[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

books that will make you (me) cry. what are some books that will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: 1347987150_spencer-heidi-467.jpg (70KB, 480x626px) Image search: [Google]
1347987150_spencer-heidi-467.jpg
70KB, 480x626px
books that will make you (me) cry. what are some books that will make you (me) cry?

books that worked on me in the past.

- never let me go
- the remains of the day
- the virgin suicides
- mason and Dixon
>>
>>8586307
please someone defend me, I don't know how to respond.
>>
>>8586314
post a smug frog
>>
>>8586314
But anon, you already responded. It was within you all along.
>>
I cry incredibly easy when reading or at least I get wet eyes.
I probably cry every time the author wants me to.
>>
>>8586327
I cried like last week and the week before that, when the real couple from the fault in our stars passed away. hell I didn't even read that book.
>>
>>8586339
Here's a little greentext joke to cheer you up
>the real couple the fault in our stars was based on had cystic fibrosis
>John Green literarily gave them cancer
>>
>>8586470
why did he did that?
>>
>>8586503
He is cancer. Therefore all he touches becomes him.
>>
>>8586301
never let me go hit me hard.
remains of the day not so much.
>>
Don quixote crushed me desu
>>
Growth of the soil by Hamsun
Catch-22 by Heller
>>
>>8586554
lol yeah I knew exactly what was going to happen yet still the ending ripped my heart out.
>>
>>8586301
Hot damn look at them titties
>>
File: 02_CRUISE-2012-PRESS-KIT-BY-KL.jpg (980KB, 2480x3309px) Image search: [Google]
02_CRUISE-2012-PRESS-KIT-BY-KL.jpg
980KB, 2480x3309px
>>8586314
>>8586307
masculinity is submissivity in that it exists to appease and cater to women
>>
>>8586651
It exists to oppose the world in the broader sense. You may as well say that women are drawn to masculinity to promote it.
>>
>>8586651
thanks. I think.
>>
File: cara129.jpg (336KB, 1275x1784px) Image search: [Google]
cara129.jpg
336KB, 1275x1784px
>>8586655
No. Cis straight women have a personal obligation to maintain masculinity as form of protection/catering unto themselves. They constructed the view that a feminized male is inferior/due to the fact that that male no longer "serviced" them in the the traditional sense. Their most genius move was convincing men that the feminized man was a threat to their masculinity/sexuality, rather than the threat to a woman's that they perceived. On a side note, this is also the reason for the extremely violence towards homosexuality and transexuality, particularly towards transwomen. Men strive toward masculinity to act as subservients because they owe their existence to women and society at large. Masculinity and """"bettering"""" oneself in the image of the """"desired male"""" is ultimately emasculation as it posits the male as being "dedicated" to his society and thus a slave.
>>
>>8586324
Only way really
>>
>>8586666
you'd be fun at parties.
>>
>>8586651
the funny thing is that you may never understand just how beta this opinion is
>>
>>8588112
parties are for normies.
>>
Crying over books is highly suspect
>>
>>8586651
you seem to have a lack of understanding of what masculinity is
first of all your idea of how men attract women is completely wrong. We do not form ourselves to a certain aesthetic to draw them to us. No, we are the ones hunting for them. They are the ones that pretty themselves up.
When I am courting a woman, I am not wondering if my look, status, or intelligence pleases her(those pursuits are not for her). I am wondering whether she is good enough for me.. Now the art of being a man, physically, being fit, with a cunning intellect and wearing sharply cut suits, is noble in it's own right. It is a pursuit of perfection of the human form.
>>
>>8588150
You sound like an "enlightened euphoric" circa 2014 mated with a metrosexual from 2004 and someone added a whole bunch of lame
>>
>>8588199
haha, I pursue perfection in every form, and that includes hand to hand combat, would you dare stand toe to toe with me? I thought so. away with your labels, nu male
>>
>>8588126
There are way more than 4 normies at a party
>>
>>8588199
You know, Im going to assume you are young. you still have a lot to learn. IM going to level with you. And just imagine me looking you in the eye when I say this. I only go on 4chan to fuck with people. I have a life. Im not one of you
>>
>>8588253
>guys I'm only here to troll you
>i can't be told because I'm so above you
So basically you're "life" is so awesome, you come here to be a very clear faggot so people will hate you and it will keep you grounded?
Cmon now. I read your hacky loser beliefs like everyone else in this thread. Those were excuses for what you do everyday and now you can't even stand by them.
>>
>>8586559
Why? Because he lived in a delusion or what?
>>
>>8586301
So Long, See You Tomorrow - William Maxwell
Ironweed - William Kennedy
Disgrace - Coetzee
Some stories by Alice Munro, particularly "Dance of the Happy Shades"
>>
>>8586666
Joke's on you. I'm masculine and gay as fuck.

Also, nice fucking quads.
>>
>>8586554

Complete opposite for me. Never Let Me Go didn't hit me at all, and Remains of the Day left me shaken for days, and ultimately led to me making significant life and career changes. There was so much resignation built into the characters of Never Let Me Go, and they never had a real epiphany the way that Stevens in Remains of the Day did. Stevens, in a moment of clarity at the end, realized that he had wasted his life by living in subservience to another man. And then sheer force of habit (and not an external force) caused him to revert back to that almost immediately after his epiphany.

Whereas the carers and donors in Never Let Me Go kind of gently pushed against their fates, but eventually just accepted them, because external forces wouldn't let them change their fates. They never really had the option to live for themselves.

In one you have a story of people imprisoned by their society, and in the other you have a person who imprisons himself. I suppose the two books will hit people of different ages differently - the closer you are to childhood, when everything is ultimately decided for you by others, the harder Never Let Me Go will hit. Whereas the longer you've been been an adult, living a life directed by your own existential choices, the harder Remains of the Day will hit.
>>
>>8586301
What did make you cry from Mason & Dixon? Was it Mason's reaction to Dixon's death? or the last phrases with Mason's children? It was emotional but Gravity's Rainbow hit me harder.
>>8586559
This got me sad as well
>>
>>8590625
it was the line his son said to him about when your mate dies. the end made me happy actually
>>
>>8589413
>I'm masculine
t. every faggot ever
>>
>>8589086
because his idealism was thwarted by an uncaring world. because he regained his sanity just long enough to die full of remorse
>>
>>8586301
Mein Kampf
>>
>>8590693
KEKKERS
>>
>>8590693
/thread
>>
>>8586301

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

That last "book" especially is the saddest, most cathartic fucking thing I've ever read in my entire life, in any novel or otherwise. Give it a shot and go download that sunnuvabitch.
>>
File: 1474404116823.jpg (23KB, 372x339px) Image search: [Google]
1474404116823.jpg
23KB, 372x339px
>>8588225
kek
>>
File: 220px-Lionheart_brothers[1].jpg (19KB, 220x296px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Lionheart_brothers[1].jpg
19KB, 220x296px
>>8586301
The Brothers Lionheart
>>
>>8592711
Astrid Lindgren was the true children's books GOAT.
>>
File: 1423211959812.jpg (198KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
1423211959812.jpg
198KB, 432x576px
>>8586301
Star of the Sea

I guess having Sinead O'Connor as a sister will give you plenty of source material
>>
Jean Rhys
>>
File: 9781476764528_hr.jpg (3MB, 1653x2525px) Image search: [Google]
9781476764528_hr.jpg
3MB, 1653x2525px
The last chapter will fuck your shut up
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.