[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really need a book in my life which is about fulfillment, one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 2901.jpg (4MB, 3666x4685px) Image search: [Google]
2901.jpg
4MB, 3666x4685px
I really need a book in my life which is about fulfillment, one which will teach me how to lead a fulfilling life. Please no religious garbage, believing in things which don't exist is for retards.
>>
>>8586239
there is no fulfillment. read schopenhauer and stop believing in made up shit.
>>
OP you have a shit attitude to begin with, so you would need to work on that before you will find fulfillment.
>religious people are retarded
This is what I mean.

Maybe instead try to find books which will help you become open minded.
>>
>>8586280
>Maybe instead try to find books which will help you become open minded.
the good thing about science is it's true whether or not you believe in it. have you ever heard anyone give you evidence that there's an afterlife? No, it's made up and anyone who doesn't realize that is a massive fucking retard, and it only proves that some people really do have lower functioning brains.
>>
File: 1472447345076.jpg (57KB, 394x477px) Image search: [Google]
1472447345076.jpg
57KB, 394x477px
>>8586782
>he doesn't know about apparitions of the dead
>>
>>8586782
>have you ever heard anyone give you evidence that there's an afterlife?

Yeah, he's called Plato.
>>
>>8586782
This is obviously bait but I'm taking it anyway. Religion isn't about believing in an afterlife, or about believing in God. It's about following a moral code that will benefit yourself and those around you. The idea of Heaven and God is primarily used as a story-telling method and not expected to be interpreted literally.

To pretend you're enlightened because you choose science over religion is the same as saying you're enlightened because you chose to wake up in the morning and not have coffee. Just because you refuse to partake in a pretty fundamental cornerstone of someone's life/breakfast doesn't make you the better person, or morning-person.

You will never have fulfilment while you hate others for their religion.
>>
>>8586782
Have you ever seen hard evidence to prove that life can be "fulfilling"? You're looking for something metaphysical to believe in while mocking others for having something metaphysical to believe in.
>>
>>8586802
Yeah it's called not feeling depressed and waking up every morning feeling happy and satisfied with your life. It's not a big obscure concept.
>>
>>8586782
if this is bait, its good, because im indulging it

"science" is not "true". science is a human construction that approximates nature. you're thinking of nature, over which very few people have a consensus concerning what constitutes it, and what it constitutes
>>
>>8586811
Is "fulfillment" obtained by doing what benefits one's self or what benefits the community? Is "fulfillment" achieved through the indulgence of worldly pleasures or is it achieved through temperance? Or, is the desire and pursuit of "fulfilling" life what leads people to despair by causing them to believe that "true" happiness exist outside of their current life.

Considering how many school of philosophical thought exist on the subject of happiness/fulfillment and the length in which people wrote about it, I'd say it's a much more obscure subject then you're giving it credit for. But you can go the "hard science" route, ignore all of that metaphysical mumbo-jumbo, and have a doctor prescribe you some anti-depressants.
>>
File: 1454335543457.jpg (781KB, 2302x2998px) Image search: [Google]
1454335543457.jpg
781KB, 2302x2998px
>>8586239
>he believes that there is fullfilling life without God
>>
>>8586789
/thread
>>
You're special.
>>
>>8587457
non sequitur
>>
>>8587461
You can be special.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 322x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 322x499px
>>8586239
>>
>>8586782
>the good thing about science is it's true whether or not you believe in it.
the good thing about science is it acknowledges human belief or observation changes all of its outcomes to the point we can never know the true state of anything. which is probably why the guy who discovered this principle became religious.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.