[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do American cities rank in /lit/ness? Here's my stab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: mussolini hand.gif (2MB, 311x239px) Image search: [Google]
mussolini hand.gif
2MB, 311x239px
Where do American cities rank in /lit/ness?

Here's my stab it at
1. NYC (obviously)
2. Boston
3. San Francisco
4. Seattle
5. Chicago
6. Washington, DC
7. Philadelphia
8. Portland

all others are shit
>>
>>8584436
NYC
Boston/Cambridge
San Francisco
Chicago
New Orleans
>>
>>8584436
It really depends on how you define "/lit/ness". NYC is fun if you've got money and I suppose even if you don't there are places like the MET where you can see decent art (they have a Crucifixion and Last Judgment diptych by Jan van Eyck that's pretty cool) at a relatively cheap price. But the actual "literary" scene is pure cancer.
>>
>>8584689
New Orleans isn't that great. The south has better options like Athens, north Alabama's many ultra /lit/ traditional catholic towns, etc.

North Alabama is shockingly /lit/. Downtown Cullman has six or seven coffee shops/delis full of people tutoring and practicing the classics.
>>
>>8584711

Not to mention it's a hideous city, like every other north American city. The most /lit/ places in America are all rural. The only writing of value Urban America is capable of producing is psychotic masturbatory schizophrenic fiction. Other than that, it's all American-Psycho sociopathic socialites that wear the most uncanny and grotesque masks of what passes for "liberal humanism".

Seriously, fuck urban america.
>>
If you go by theater it's New York>>>>>>>>>>>Chicago>>>SAN Francisco
>>
>>8584729
>what are the most lit cities?
>rural

Thanks for playing anon.
>>
>>8584765

I obviously wasn't trying to answer the question, just pointing out that it's fucking stupid. Like, what should I eat for dinner tonight? Goat shit, cat shit, my own shit, shit blended with piss, or a dried and salted double portion of shit?
>>
>>8584436
Iowa City is the only American city recognized by the UN as a city of literature
>>
>>8584729
you sound like a retard from the midwest
>>
File: 1470956379084.jpg (91KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470956379084.jpg
91KB, 600x800px
College towns are the best. Low disproportionate amount of darkies, not too big, pedestrian friendly, bunch of libraries and related academic buildings both for public and university use often combine in relatively small proximity.

I chose Ann Arbor for this. Nice book-stores (Literati), good public library, bunch of shops near such places, qt uni girls all around, seasonal weather, close-compact city, prominent university that has a lot of good prof that hold often hold public seminars and shows, and nice surrounding country. There's also a bunch of printers located there (and publishers, but they're mostly off-set of the University).
>>
San francisco. LOL
Most people here don't read shit, like everywhere else.
>>
File: anna meares.jpg (51KB, 286x402px) Image search: [Google]
anna meares.jpg
51KB, 286x402px
>>8585033
>Literati
whoops, meant Dawn-Traders.
>>
>>8585038
nah they read "management science"
>>
Cambridge, MA is clearly #1.
>>
>>8585004
This, desu.
>>
>>8584436
nyc prob has more writers than elsewhere but theyre all rich white dudes who write about professors of literature shooting their cum on undergrad students, or whatever, instead of cool stuff like old men crawling around through garbage
>>
>>8585004
>>8585230

portland desu
>>
>>8585033
i lived in ann arbor and ypsi for a long time. the basement music scene is amazing in ypsi. live in NYC now, still miss dawn treader. what are good nyc bookstores? inb4 the strand
>>
Anybody here think that being part of the NYC cultural elite would be the absolute pinnacle of life?

I'm reading the Warhol diaries right now and the world he describes just seems to fascinating. He used to go out and hobnob literally every single day, and he'll talk about being at Studio 54 and running into Truman Capote, Baryshnikov, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Halston (fashion designer, he isn't a household name anymore but he was really popular in 'the scene') and Bianca Jagger all in the run of a night. It just seems so fucking cool.

It wouldn't even need to be on that level, honestly. Even hanging out with Fran Lebowitz types at a cafe would be pretty cool.
>>
>>8585746
protip: youre gay
>>
the idea of a /lit/ place is retarded, its why loser gays from pittsburgh keep showing up on myc's doorstep and why its now a post-gentrified middle class videogame. /lit/ is wherever youre at homie - no need to have writer friends or lots of coffeeshops - light ur shit up where u at
>>
Feel like LA is being purposefully snubbed here because the 'tinseltown' reputation still dominates people's minds. But if you look past the famewhores and club rats, the city is surprisingly patrician and high-brow. I've always thought that if Nietzsche had to live anywhere in modern day USA, he's choose LA in a heartbeat.
>>
There are none outside of New England.
>>
>>8584716
Kek, really?
>>
>>8584436
Burlington VT and Portland ME desu.

The /lit/ parts of Boston are Cambridge and Brookline, which are not Boston. I assume you dont mean Mattapan or Dorchester or Roxbury, which are certainly not /lit/ by any stretch
>>
>>8585746
When my wife watches Gossip Girl it makes me realize that those people live in day to day hell
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.