[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have incredible story idea in my head >Can't decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 2f7.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>Have incredible story idea in my head
>Can't decide if I want to make into a novel, webcomic, visual novel, animation or videogame
>>
>Story

You already failed
>>
>>8583757
Do it all
>>
>>8583757
If you are worrying about your medium, you probably have a very, very inept story idea
>>
File: CORPUR_XAAAbXue.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CORPUR_XAAAbXue.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
>>8583757
>teacher assigns you to write a narrative essay about a critical moment in your life
>you've done close to nothing for the past fifteen years
why me....
>>
>>8583759
Don't confuse story with plot. Story could mean the all-important idea behind all other elements of the work.
>>
File: e45.jpg (56KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
e45.jpg
56KB, 633x758px
>>8583767
>Teacher assigns you to write an essay about your summer vacation
>You spent it locked at home playing videogames all day
>>
>>8583759
>joyce and pynchon are the only relevant writers ever
Nice /lit/ elitism friend :^)
>>
>>8583757
>implying you have the talent to create anything in ONE of those mediums let alone all of them
>>
>>8583767
Write a meta-essay about how you've never experienced a defining moment in your life and that now this essay has become a turning point since you've realized your life has not been fulfilling
>>
File: prefer not to.png (257KB, 415x476px) Image search: [Google]
prefer not to.png
257KB, 415x476px
>>8583792
I had a teacher when I was a kid who made us write about her summer holidays instead of ours. What the fuck was that about?
>>
>>8584150
>couldn't understand Joyce or Pynchon so I just assumed there was no story
Go back to your YA novels that don't require an ounce of thinking or reflection to understand.
>>
>>8583767
>>8583792
>teacher assigns you to write about a friend
>you have no friends
>>
File: 1434853986141.png (329KB, 609x616px) Image search: [Google]
1434853986141.png
329KB, 609x616px
>>8583767
>tfw you haven't even lived for 15 years yet
>>
>>8584320
lets be fair, pynchon hasnt written a story in his life.
>>
>>8583757
>webcomic
>visual novel
shit mediums

>video games
not a story medium

>animation
Only appropriate for children

>novel
Why not a short story or play? It really depends on your story.
>>
>>8584320

If you have to sit there and rub your chin and "reflect" to understand a book you're reading it's probably out of your depth.
>>
>>8586146
Videogames
>not a story medium
Videogames encompasses to types of potentially high art, like literature encompasses Prose and Poetry and Plays
Vg have potential as mechanical symbolism
or Interactive sculpture, both are capable of story-telling and of course both can happen at once
>>
>>8586132
What are you even saying mad lad
>>
>>8586132
Have you even read Pynchon? You fucking pseud.
>>
>>8583757
>have decent story idea in my head
>can't decide if i want to make it into a feature film or miniseries
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.