[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“From so much self-revising, I’ve destroyed myself. From

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Fernando-Pessoa.jpg (156KB, 919x959px) Image search: [Google]
Fernando-Pessoa.jpg
156KB, 919x959px
>“From so much self-revising, I’ve destroyed myself. From so much self-thinking, I’m now my thoughts and not I”

What did he mean by this
>>
>>8583419
Trying to 'fix' tiny bits of his self he changed so much that he became something other than himself, and that's not the goal he had.

The same for thinking. Constant rumination upon his nature and problems made that state chronic. He basically overthought his life and left no room for actual living.
>>
>>8583456
thinking is same kind of living as doing anything else in life. 'actual living' is a just a no true scotsman fallacy
>>
>>8583848
Except I didn't mean what you are implying I meant.

How can you stay sane if all you do is think about something obsessively? It's like when you are so obsessed with what the others think of you: you lose track of your real self, you can't live your own life the way you want; you're always restrained by your anxiety because you're always thinking about what others will say. That kind of thinking is technically living, but rather sad living if you ask me.
>>
>>8583419

“There's somthing inside me that pulls beneath the surface.
Consuming.
Confusing.
This lack of self-control I fear is never ending.
Controlling.
I can't seem
To find myself again,
My walls are closing in

(Without a sense of confidence, I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take)

I felt this way before...
So insecure..”

You can actually make an accurate paraphrase of his entire body of work using a combination of as few as 5-7 linkin park songs.
>>
>>8583848
>thinking is same kind of living as doing anything else in life
Thinking is not the same as doing things outside your head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWjLjPqwtk8
>>
>>8583928

>I've become so numb, I can't feel you there. Become so tired, so much more aware

>“I tried so hard and got so far. But in the end, it doesnt even matter”

>“What goes up will surely fall and I’m counting down the time”

>“I got a heart full of pain, head full of stress, handful of anger, held in my chest, Uphill struggle, Blood sweat and tears, Nothing to gain, Everything to fear”

>“Forfeit the game, Before somebody else, Takes you out of the frame, And puts your, name to shame, Cover up your face, You can't run the race, The pace is too fast, You just won't last”

>“Like memories in cold decay, Transmissions echoing away, Far from the world of you and I Where oceans bleed into the sky..”
>>
>>8583928
Christ, his poetry is godawful in English.
>>
>>8583943
fuck you
A little larger than the entire universe is awesome in english
I'll email a pdf to you if you want
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114KB, 1440x1080px
>>8583943
>>
>>8583904
my life story, desu
>>
>>8583959
Post it. I never read it in English.
>>
Anyone from Portugal/Brasil here? What is the best edition of Book of Disquiet in Portuguese?
>>
Narcissism.
>>
>>8583965

If you had to, what level of irony would you place your screen-name on?
>>
File: 5558389_1GG.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5558389_1GG.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>8584008
>>8584008
Companhia do Bolso is my favourite. Though I have never read any portuguese edition.
>>
>>8584052
>>8584008
I mean, this one is Brazilian.
>>
I’m a fugitive.
I was shut up in myself
As soon as I was born,
But I managed to flee.

If people get tired
Of being in the same place,
Why shouldn’t they tire
Of having the same self?

My soul seeks me out,
But I keep on the run
And sincerely hope
I’ll never be found.

Oneness is a prison.
To be myself is to not be.
I’ll live as a fugitive
But live really and truly.
>>
>>8584008

Assíro &Alvim.
>>
>>8583456
Nah, I don't think it's like that. I think he has created so many explanations or narratives for the things that define him, that he has become objectified. He's not necessarily preoccupied by thought, but he's confused as to who he really is because he has stepped outside of himself through his tireless efforts to "self-revise".
>>
>>8583456
sounds like my diary desu
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.