[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No other author has had as great an impact on literacy as her.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: YAS QUEEN SLAY.jpg (55KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
YAS QUEEN SLAY.jpg
55KB, 620x387px
No other author has had as great an impact on literacy as her. She taught a whole generation to love books.
>>
>>8580773
literally who
>>
>>8580773
To love trash
>>
Shit on a page does not a book make.
>>
File: Jove_decadent.jpg (155KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jove_decadent.jpg
155KB, 720x600px
>>8580773
Every friend of mine who read Harry Potter as a kid is now an adult who doesn't read anything. A few of them moved to stuff like Hunger Games, but that's about it.
>>
>>8580773
i used to like harry potter until everyone started reading it because the movies were coming out. why do people always have to ruin everything?
>>
>>8580773
have you considered maybe adopting a few other different topics of conversation anon?
>>
>>8580773
no, she taught them that books for 10 year olds are real literature
>>
File: 1474701605864.gif (1MB, 346x261px) Image search: [Google]
1474701605864.gif
1MB, 346x261px
>>8580808
I read Harry Potter as a kid and I'm still an avid reader. I did also read other literature as a kid.

I don't think the issue is that they read Harry Potter as kids, I think its that they're normalfags. Most people don't enjoy reading past a certain age, if ever. They move on to easier mediums, like film or games.

I also enjoyed Harry Potter as a kid and revisited it later and enjoyed it again
>>
File: 1450536326397.png (107KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
1450536326397.png
107KB, 252x252px
Literally no one under the age of 30 reads books, my dude.
>>
File: inland empire.jpg (24KB, 325x494px) Image search: [Google]
inland empire.jpg
24KB, 325x494px
>>8580977

>easier mediums, like film
>>
I never read any of her books, so I have no opinion about their quality.

However, most of the people I know who have read her did so as adults.
Adults who read Patterson, Clancy, Koontz, and maybe King.
Kids who read her probably grew up to be adults of similar tastes.
Not exactly high lit.
Doesn't mean she's bad, just not in the same league as my favorite pretentious dead authors.
>>
>>8580984

lmao you don't deserve to post on here, lynch is as entry level to film as it gets.

Off yourself.
>>
>>8581020
>lynch 'easier' than kobayashi

no anon, you are the retard

but at least a retard with solid taste
>>
>>8581020
eventually you'll stop trying to justify having spent 10 hours of your life on a series of films you thought you would enjoy because you're a pseud
>>
>>8581050
people waste hundreds of hours watching terrible television, 10 hours being a pseud is not nearly as bad
>>
>>8581148
they don't try to justify it to others though, which is the point
>>
>>8581020
Popular =/= easy
Entry-level =/= bad
>>
Lynch is a real smart he do crazy weird stuff so random and art so deep lol I sometimes wear a silly top hat and if I see someone else wearing one I will take it off because I'm very unique
>>
>>8581020
>lynch is as entry level to film as it gets.
Oh thank god. My love for Tarantino, Nolan, Wes Anderson, the Coen brothers, and Malick are all safe.
>>
What's the quote about not experiencing art at all being better than bad art?
>>
>>8581426
Joyce is real smart he do crazy weird stuff so random and art so deep lol I sometimes wear a silly eye patch and if I see someone else wearing one I will take it off because I'm very unique.
>>
>implying she didn't visit /lit/ in the early days

Those were a couple of crazy threads
>>
>>8581599
Reminds me of that movie the dubs guy was in where they didn't know about art, and he cried when he first heard that record.
>>
I read up to the last chapter of the fifth book, then put it down, then tried to read it again, put it down, did that a few more times, then realized I didn't give a single fuck.

I only remember the story from the films. Thanks JK, you bored me awake.
>>
>>8582933

btw I was a child
>>
File: Jacques Brel.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jacques Brel.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
>>8581020
Mfw when I'm not past entry-level yet
>>
>>8580818
Such as?
>>
Wouldn't mind choking on the gases of her Foggy Bottom.
>>
And then Stephanie Meyer killed it again.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.