[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What contemporary novel has made you rethink society and your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What contemporary novel has made you rethink society and your view on life? Something that really upended the way you think of matters. I mean that for example, reading dostoievsky is interesting, but while some of his insights are eternally human and interesting many aspects of his theology and philosophy are outdated and irrelevant as we are living in a different time, in a different society and around different technologies.

What contemporary book have you read that really blew your mind?
>>
>contemporary
i dont read trash
>>
>>8579077
After reading Blood Meridian I came to the realization that no other work of art can compare and since then I've devoted my life to shitposting.
>>
>>8579077
None of them because they're written for retards and usually by retards.
>>
File: tmp_4401-97816114542771169141177.jpg (139KB, 800x1247px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4401-97816114542771169141177.jpg
139KB, 800x1247px
wtf I find the cultural revolution mildly amusing now
>>
Am I to blame for wanting some extra value from a book? Not just a discription or idealization of everyday life in some exotic(to me) place but somehting that will guide me towards ne wrevelations, ne wmodes of thinking..

Are there new books that use a lot of neologisms?
For example, reading Deleuze is very inspiring and makes me think of things in new ways. Not directly because of the content or subject of his writing but the style, the combination of different topics, the use of wods in unorthodox ways etc..
>>
Contemporary books have never inspired me to anything, Brothers Karamazov led to me being a vegetarian ten years ago though.
>>
Can The Savage Detectives be considered 'contemporary'?
>>
>>8579484
Sure. How did it really make you think?
>>
Knausgaard?
>>
>>8579488
It's been a couple of years, but just the sheer realism and aggression of daily life represented at every page of the novel, as a Latin American it hit me pretty hard. Life here for the common people is pretty grim.
>>
>>8579511
Could throw 2666 in there as well.
>>
>>8579104
underrated
>>
Book of Night Women by Marlon James made me realize the extant to which my high school History class is glossed over. Thinking back on it now the whole curriculum was pretty shit.
>>
>>8580569
What part of history?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.