[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is suicide not the ultimate answer to nihilism, existentialism,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

How is suicide not the ultimate answer to nihilism, existentialism, pessimism, materialism, and positivism? Why don't godless, directionless people just, you know, acknowledge their wretchedness and rest in piece?
>>
It's just the opposite. Christians who believe they would just kill themselves if they didn't have their faith should realize that their faith is a sham they enact to prevent their own suicide, and they should actually just kill themselves.

Saged.
>>
>>8537812
what if i'm a christian who wants to die as quickly as possible so i can finally be rid of this world and be one with God again? not suicidal, more like, "kill me"

death is the final answer in every philosophy imo, it is the great equalizer, it should be embraced, and it should be on the mind at all times, it is the only way to truly live without fear
>>
Atheists should in theory have more peace of mind.

In Abrahamic religions what happens to you after death is contingent on living according to God's plan, with severe punishment for those who sin.

But the God of the bible is extremely stringent and harsh, punishing for far more things than it rewards. There are whole Christian sects driven into a frenzy of fear over the uncertainty of whether they are going to hell.

Atheists just know that being dead is like nothing at all, and therefore deserves a neutral gaze. Life then remains to be lived unobstructed.
>>
WHy would I kill myself?
Sometimes, I like being alive. The other times, I'm too lazy to do it.
>>
>>8537812
Animals don't kill themselves despite all the suffering they have faced. It's because they have no rational mind, and therefore they can "feel" no pain from suffering. People who have a rational mind are ought to notice that life is an endless suffering. The goal of life of rational people should be the highest desire, the eternal longing, which is to end all suffering. Therefore, suicide is the only logical answer.

>should realize that their faith is a sham they enact to prevent their own suicide
No, I'm just saying that you shouldn't live like animals and start being rational. Suicide is the most irrefutable of all continental philosophy.
>>
>>8537909

>suicide is the only logical answer

of course, the RATIONAL ordering of the universe is despair. I agree that positivists, materialists, and pessimists should probably just kill themselves. nihilism and existentialism leave room for much more, however, from religion to mysticism to whatever else. strange things happen in a vacuum although it looks like nothing to an observer.
>>
>>8537851
>Atheists should in theory have more peace of mind.
There is no absolute peace in mind, unless your brain is lobotomized.

>In Abrahamic religions what happens to you after death is contingent on living according to God's plan, with severe punishment for those who sin.
Yes, therefore you shouldn't worry about yesterday and tomorrow because God has a plan for you. Yesterday and tomorrow are not your business, you should just live humbly. Even sinners may enter heaven if God wills it. Everyone, even the saints, was a sinner by the way.

>But the God of the bible is extremely stringent and harsh, punishing for far more things than it rewards.
No, I'm sure that God is just. Extremely just that not a soul would disagree with him. There is purgatory for those who aren't saints or eternal sinners.

>There are whole Christian sects driven into a frenzy of fear over the uncertainty of whether they are going to hell.
People worry all the time.

>Atheists just know that being dead is like nothing at all, and therefore deserves a neutral gaze.
Then atheists aren't rational. Human mind is incapable of neutral gaze. Desires and yearning for harmony will always exist. Proof, continental philosophy.

>Life then remains to be lived unobstructed.
Like how animals live?
>>
>>8537960
>existensialism
You mean the philosophy of lying to yourself? So it is life as a coward.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.