[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you all think about 'On The Road'? Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1460171829466.gif (726KB, 391x288px) Image search: [Google]
1460171829466.gif
726KB, 391x288px
What do you all think about 'On The Road'?
Is there any positive/negative correlation between the Beats of that generation and anything going on modern times?

Is Kerouac trying to write like the Jazz artists he so dearly treasures, or is he just sputtering out thought without cohesiveness?

I'd love your opinions, /lit/.
>>
>>8536314
I loved it when I was a kid. Pretty transformative for the right 15-17 year olds. I still have a fondness for Kerouac as I've gotten older, but it stems from that original energy of my youth. Not sure how I would take his work if I just discovered him now.
>>
Kerouac managed to relate his experiences very clearly and faithfully. He doesn't run anything through an interpetive lens and as a result he doesn't emerge with a voice of his own and instead just gets upstaged by his more charismatic friends. It's well done ad a record of what he did and how he felt, and nothing more. If you like it it's cause you related to the successful conveyance of hanging out with friends and going places, if you don't like it then it's cause you expected a novel or some kind of artistic sentiment. It's not art of course, I have no idea what the fuck jazz he was listening to that sounds like arhythmic sentences that always stop too abruptly and never really vary in length or consistency. But still, I can't really dislike it for any reason, it's not bad.
>>
>>8536314
LETTING THE DAYS GO BY
LET THE WATER HOLD ME DOWWN
>>
>>8536443
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/authors/beats/neal-cassady/
>>
>>8536559
rotten library ruled
>>
File: 1427997737180.jpg (27KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1427997737180.jpg
27KB, 500x501px
>>8536564
so good on so many levels

that's where I first learned about Joyce's fart fetish letters
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.