[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the logos, In the stoic sense,I think I have a gist of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (372KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
372KB, 2048x1365px
What is the logos, In the stoic sense,I think I have a gist of it. The logos is the rationale and reason behind the universe and within you, it is.. God, providence? Can I get a concrete answer, I tried google but it didn't really come to me.

Thanks
>>
>>8535812
Logos is the logic/reason underpinning all existence

ofc if god is to exist, he must exist within logos or logos must be an expression of his will. for things are as they are and cannot be as they are not, therefore there is reason/meaning to things as they are which is why they are not what they are not.
>>
>tels are so stupid they think 'Logos' means one thing
back to lebbit please
>>
>>8535812
Depends on who you're reading.

I like Heidegger's best.

Logos from Legein: to gather.

Logos doesn't equal logic, but rather logic is derived from logos, which is the gathering.
>>
>>8535812
Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος,
kαὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν,
kαὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος

also
>dat pic
I've just gotta know
is that Cincinnati by any chance?
>>
File: 017rublev troitsa.jpg (746KB, 1300x1619px) Image search: [Google]
017rublev troitsa.jpg
746KB, 1300x1619px
Jesus Christ is the Logos in the Christian tradition.

I like how Maximus the Confessor fleshed out that aspect of Christian theology in his writings about the uncreated logoi as well.

Jesus Christ, the Logos, held in himself the logoi, "For we believe that a logos of angels preceded their creation, a logos preceded the creation of each of the beings and powers that fill the upper world, a logos preceded the creation of human beings, a logos preceded the creation of everything that proceeded from God, and so on (...)"

"Through his Logos there came to be both being and continuing to be, for from him the things that were made came to be in a certain way and for a certain reason, and by continuing to be and moving, they participate in God."

That's from St. Maximus's Ambiguum 7

This blog has the relevant section. I couldn't find the whole thing online.

https://jaysanalysis.com/2010/04/10/st-maximus-van-til-aquinas-logoslogoi/
>>
>>8535817
Alright man thanks!

>>8535825
Nice meme

>>8535843
Alright makes sense

>>8535886
Ok things are clearing up, and I have no clue just a pic I got

>>8535947
Thanks!
>>
>>8535886
Fuck off, tel.
>>8536030
Tel isn't a meme, if you're into women you're a tel.
>>
>>8535886
Vancouver, somewhere in Yaletown.
>>
>>8536195

Ah okay thanks
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.