[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best version/edition of the Hitchhiker's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: dont-panic-text[1].jpg (25KB, 601x354px) Image search: [Google]
dont-panic-text[1].jpg
25KB, 601x354px
What's the best version/edition of the Hitchhiker's Guide books?
>>
>>8527167
the original radio series
>>
File: 9780307291813_p0_v2_s192x300.jpg (20KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
9780307291813_p0_v2_s192x300.jpg
20KB, 192x263px
>>8527167
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1g84m0sXpnNCv84GpN2PLZG/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-game-30th-anniversary-edition
>>
>>8527264
Is that the same book as the black leather bound one, but with a different cover? Because I saw the black one at a used bookstore.
>>
the one with all the words spelled correctly and in the right order
>>
>>8527343
It's the one that has all 5 books.
>>
>>8527515
I assumed as much. It has the same title (The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide) as a black, leather bound book, with gold leaf pages. I'm wondering if the books themselves contain the same content. The black one is all five books, plus a short Zaphod story. If they're the same, I can pick up the black one at a used bookstore for relatively cheap. At least, a bit cheaper than the one you recommended.

I've tried looking up the differences between editions online, but can't find an answer.
>>
>>8527545
No difference. As long as they have Young Zaphod in them, you're good.
>>
>>8527264
I have this and I really wish I'd gotten the hardback.

Mine had some kind of misprint or something because close to the beginning there were like 5 chapters missing and replaced with earlier chapters.
>>
>>8527585
Did you get the pic related paperback? Because I don't know if large volume paperbacks are inherently flimsy, or maybe I put it through an unusual amount of abuse, but my copy of it fell apart from just taking it in my backpack while in college. A good third of the book came unbound somewhere in the middle; the pages in the section were still bound together, but the entire chunk got detached from the spine.
>>
>>8529063
well i just bought this version.
i guess i will just have to be careful when reading it.
>>
>>8529063
Yes that's the one I have. Honestly I haven't even gotten very far in it so I haven't had the chance to test its durability.
>>
File: ultimatehitch2_18_detail.jpg (31KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
ultimatehitch2_18_detail.jpg
31KB, 300x600px
The bible looking one.
>>
>>8527167
Audiobook read by the author.

He knows the timing on his jokes.
>>
>>8531793
That's the one I meant here: >>8527545 and the one I ended up picking up. Easton Press has a very similar-looking one with what I think is a slightly better cover, but it's also almost $300, versus the $15 I paid for the one you posted.
>>
>>8531929
Too bad 99.9% of the audio-books are narrated by Stephen Fry.
>>
>>8532945
Fuck. Why would they do that?

Looks like the read by the author ones are still up on TBP at least.
>>
>>8533127
No idea. Honestly, I never thought to even listen to/look for the audio-book narrated by Douglas Adams himself until you mentioned it. Yet again, I generally am more of actual reading v. audio-book kind of person unless it is a lecture style book.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.