[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes him so based? I'm reading through Nicomachean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: based greek man.jpg (22KB, 292x394px) Image search: [Google]
based greek man.jpg
22KB, 292x394px
What makes him so based?
I'm reading through Nicomachean Ethics and generally speaking he advocates for excellency of the human being. Master fucking race
>>
Reply to my thread faggots
>>
I prefer his metaphysics to his ethics
>>
>>8526731
only if you reply to mine
>>
I just got through Plato's essential dialogues and picked up Nicomachean Ethics myself, anon. I finished the first chapter (The End), and am enjoying the way he presents information. It's quite different than Plato's style: more direct, obvious; but I also miss the comedic irony of Socrates.

Did you read Plato prior? I want to read this and Metaphysics, then move on to more modern works.
>>
>>8526732
Agreed. He really didn't let juvenile ideas corrupt his thinking unlike his counter part Plato.
>>
>>8526749
>comedic
Comic.

Fucking """"master race""""
>>
>>8526749
>Did you read Plato prior?
Only the Republic, i'mm way more interested in Aristotle so i'll finish his other works than read more of Plato and based Heraclitus
>then move on to more modern works
Why would you do that? the greeks blow the modernists out of their asses
>>
He didn't even know how many teeth women had.
>>
>>8526770
>read more of Plato and based Heraclitus
Even Socrates couldn't understand Heraclitus, he's not called 'The Riddler' for nothing.

Good luck
>>
>>8526917
>caring about women
>their morphology of all things

read some master race literature and realize that masculine men only care about other excellent and sensible men.
>>
>>8526437
Objectively superior to Plato
>>
>>8527704
It's not that hard really, Plato's philosophy is so mixed with mythology, unfruitful dialogues and Socrates ever changing persona that is very hard to disentangle his ideas, anyone that just writes it down his train of thought clearly as did Aristotle is immediately better. And I actually like Plato.
>>
>>8526770
>read one work of Plato
>literally hasn't even finished with the current Aristotelian work he's reading
>shitposts this hard

lol
>>
>>8526437
>What makes him so based?
He gives you all the answers to his own questions.
>>
>>8528073
>implying the greeks aren't superior to modernist fucking shits
>>
>>8526749
I've got to admit that I also finished Platos works following the recommendation on the /lit philosophy guide but Aristotle has slowed me down. It's dry and repetitive and I'm struggling to finish ethics.
Shifted to a few pages a night after giving Bolano a rest for the evening. It's a nice devotional before bed I guess...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.