[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reddit tier authors. what makes an author reddit tier? is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 20160919_100859.jpg (565KB, 690x1026px) Image search: [Google]
20160919_100859.jpg
565KB, 690x1026px
reddit tier authors. what makes an author reddit tier? is it a publicity thing? is it because they are easy to read?
>>
>>8525642
The Road isn't reddit tier, just because it avoids being 2deep4u doesn't mean that it's shallow. McCarthy's writing style in this book resembles Zen poetry very much. It's free from all romanticism, pompousness, and intellectual interpretation. All it does is showing the world in the most truthful way. A true form of art leaves no room for interpretation, but instead it delivers the aesthetically pleasing logic of poetry. This is why The Road is the Kino literature.
>>
>>8525681
but he's one of reddits favorite authors.
>>
>>8525642
Mainly popularity and a bit of ease of accesibility/readibility

But McCarthy is not reddit.
Also I think the Kite Runner is a lovely book and I will beat the ass of anyone who trashes Hosseini
>>
>>8525689
Im sure reddit also eats food and drinks water. Do you?
American authors like Hemingway and McCarthy use a simple, rough, purposeful style. Imo its fantastic, if somebody i dislike agrees with me, good on them.
>>
>>8525689
No he's not they just say that because The Road is one of the six books they've read to completion in their adult life and some of them know he wrote that movie No Country for Old Men.
>>
>>8525689
Reddit would interpret the line "There is no God and we are his prophets." as a statement of atheism.
>>
>>8525732
they like no country for old Men and bloodmeme and the crossing are their favorite cowboy books
>>
>see a guy on reddit talking about the Iliad
>discredit and destroy the entire western cannon because its too reddit now
>>
>>8525767
dude are you fucking serious? they were talking about that?
>>
>>8525786
Its literally the start of western civilization. Of course they talk about it.
Look, things can be popular and it dont mean theyre bad, it just means theyre popular. Sure, a lot of popular stuff is shit and a lot of unpopular stuff is amazing, but cut it with the reverse bandwagon complex and accept that sometimes dumb people can enjoy things you enjoy.
And relax, them fuckers aint never gon read kant.
>>
Is the Book Thief reddit tier? Yeah, it wasn't amazing: but I found it to be an interesting read
>>
>>8525786
>out of millions of users of a particular website one of them mentioned the most prolific work in the history of literature?
>>
>>8526526
I'd unironically say that more people nowadays have heard of Harry Potter and JK Rowling than Homer and the Iliad. When you talk about Homer people think of the yellow cartoon man instead of one of the greatest men to ever live
>>
>>8525681

The Road is Reddit as fuck because it's a "me too" entry into an idea so played-out that it's become a full fledged genre. He's basically making a Mad Max novelization.

The low-middle brow Redditor likes the flowery prose because it disguises the fact that they're reading genre slop. "Wow, it's like fallout 4, so it's familiar, but written in the style of my favorite corncob parables"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.