[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /lit. What philosophers should I read before reading Heidegger,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: martin-heidegger-2.jpg (75KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
martin-heidegger-2.jpg
75KB, 900x750px
Hey, /lit. What philosophers should I read before reading Heidegger, especially Being and Time? Also, do you guys have any secondary source recs?
>>
>>8523260
Start with the Greeks
>>
>>8523263
This, and don't skip the pre-Socratics.
>>
>>8523263
Actually this. And Nietzsche. And Husserl. Descartes wouldn't hurt. Fichte. Hegel. Kant. Pretty much the whole canon. Or you just step right into it and see where you end up.
>>
Also I read a great book called The Other by Theunissen that gives an interesting comparison of Husserl and Heidegger.
>>
>>8523263
>>8523268

I've read a bunch of the Dialogues, but that's pretty much it. Do you think I should go back for Aristotle before getting to Heidegger?

>>8523273
What specific Husserl texts do you recommend?
>>
>>8523282
I said pre-Socratics.
>>
Nietzsche,

that's all
>>
>>8523260
Im taking a class on it right now with the only experience I have being an intro to logic and intro to philosophy and intro to pol philosophy. Thankfully the professor has dumbed the course down due to the school being (hehe) a shitty state school. But anyway as far as division one goes once you get his weird terminology down it isnt all that hard, it is actually really logical and straightforward. I guess I wish I had read plato and Aristotle's works on metaphysics but whatever, heidegger is really doing his own thing anyway. My professor said that division two is way more difficult and I can't really speak to that right now. I suggest reading analytic heidegger by taylor carman, I found a free pdf online
>>
>>8523282
At least his earlier work about phenomenology and his cartesian meditations.
>>
>>8523291
Well, you said the Greeks and the pre-Socratics as well.
>>
>>8523282
Aristotle's metaphysics. Heidegger himself said to his students that they should study Aristotle for 20 years before reading even Nietzsche. I mean, you dont have to follow that advice but Aristotle is necessary
>>
>>8523273
>Or you just step right into it and see where you end up.
this
you may end up re-reading some passages a lot of times, but fuck it.
Just make sure to read the introduction in one sitting
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.