[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>write what you know >but the main character shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1469660221743.jpg (368KB, 2048x990px) Image search: [Google]
1469660221743.jpg
368KB, 2048x990px
>write what you know
>but the main character shouldn't be like you

>don't use purple prose
>but don't look like you're trying to imitate Hemingway

>read widely
>but don't reveal any influence

FUCK YOU ALL
>>
You're not actually supposed to take any of those things literally.
>>
Anon opened the thread listening to his wife's wet whispering farts.The perfume of her hole assailed him and set his fingers to shitpost. Astride his chair he shitposted on and spat and shitposted more with men across the world all entwined in the ungodly net that spans the globe like an intricate web of a spider that is not of this world. He spat. Lo! my dear wife! A calm board and a mild, mild thread. Four years ago -- four years ago! -- I made my first shitpost in a such a thread! An underage anonymous! Four years of continual shitposting! Four years of wanking, and tendies, and shitstorm-time! Four years on the pitiless internet! For four years has this hacker forsaken the peaceful reality, for four years to make war on the memes of the deep web! 4Chan seemed unearthly. He was accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered meme, but there — there you could look at it monstrous and free. Or perhaps he'd had too much punch in his kirsch that night. It was indeed the crossroads of his mortal life, and he had to celebrate. Some natural tears he dropped, but wiped them soon; the internet was all before him, where to choose his place of rest, and Providence his guide: his dick in hand with wandering eyes and slow
jerks he took to his solitary ways.
>>
>>8519498
Wow nigger maybe read some fables.
>>
>>8519538
>too much punch in his kirsch
Don't you men too much kirsch in his punch?
>>
>>8519498

Learn to golden mean, m8.

Anyway, don't fucking try to write like you're following an instruction guide. Honestly the only way you're going to get good is by writing a ton (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbC4gqZGPSY), preferably while reacting intelligently to criticism. Hopefully you're also reasonably well-read, especially in the kind of literature you want to write. The only good this kind of rationalization is for, speaking as a fairly experienced (though still unpublished) creative writer, is that when you get stuck you can think your way back into writing until instinct takes over again. As Knausgaard, or whoever the fuck it was, says writing a book is like sleepwalking.
>>
>>8519542
Why was the old man following them though? Does he just follow people around til they fuck up and then say "I told you so"?
>>
>>8519602
That's the joke, I'm guessing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.