[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently read The Master and Margarita, which I really liked.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: squad.jpg (69KB, 540x351px) Image search: [Google]
squad.jpg
69KB, 540x351px
I recently read The Master and Margarita, which I really liked. Let's talk about it.

Did you like it?

Are Bulgakov's other books worth reading?
>>
just got done it not so long ago, i loved it so much it became one of my favs. i couldnt put it down. Koroviev was the man
>>
>>8518948
Pontius Pilate was a prefect not a procurator, book dismissed.
>>
It was cheesy and disappointing
>>
You didn't like it.
>>
>>8518948
>Are Bulgakov's other books worth reading?

Yes, yes they are. Master and Margarita is his best work, but his other works are for better understanding his own relation with the soviet regime.

Heart of a dog for example takes into question the communist ideology about the new man

Notes on Cuffes is a sort of autobiography, a little bit more so than Life of Mr. de Moliere, and it is placed during the '20. Life of Mr. de Moliere is a parallel between the life of Moliere(duh!) and his own.

I still have the read The White Guard, Diaboliad and Fatal Eggs, but I enjoy him a lot.
>>
>>8519114
>his other works are for better understanding his own relation with the soviet regime
Where to start? I've only read Master & Margarita
>>
>>8519704
As I said, I still have a few to read. You could start with The White Guard. I think it was one of the first written.
>>
>>8518948
I read it for a Russian literature class in highschool- first semester was Tsarist, second was Soviet.
To be honest I suppose parts of it were amusing, but the whole thing seemed like only a set-up for something else, even the... main story, I suppose it was, which was over in a second and seemed to lack any conflict- I could almost say that it seemed like some kind of wish fulfillment, Bulgakov's relatively SFW sex fantasy. It felt like a waste of time. Not to mention the parts with Pilate were pretty fedoraïsh.
I'm assuming there's supposed to be some esoteric meaning to whole thing that I missed.
>>
>>8518948
Morphine was p cool
>>8519039
PP was a pimp bulgakov knew
>>
It's pretty cheesy but I listened the Rolling Stones' Sympathy for the Devil half of the time I read the book.
>>
>>8519731
>>8519075
>>8519039
>being this pleb
>>
>>8518948
yes, i enjoyed The white guard more than M&M
>>
>>8519731
>Russian lit in high school

What are you, French or something?
>>
>>8519831
It was in translation.
>>
>>8519104
I didn't? Damn.
>>
bumpan
>>
>>8519114
White Guard is average and didnt much impress me, Fatal Eggs is amusing and Diaboliad is cool the story itself stinks of Kafka much as several stories in a Young Doctor's Notebook do.
He's a great writer, i just need to find a copy of Notes on the Cuff and maybe his play version of White Guard.
>>
>>8519731
Fedora-ish? Really? It's fine if you didn't like the book but that's not a very substantial criticism.

Personally I found the historical settings great.

>tfw no loyal dog to lay at your side as you torment yourself over the guilt of condemning an innocent man
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.