[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the visual novel medium ever top normal literature? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1474074903639.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474074903639.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
Can the visual novel medium ever top normal literature?
The writer has much more artistic freedom when it comes to visual novels, and can determine mood and perception via sounds and music.
>>
>>8517347
>Spoon feeding the audience is good
>>
>>8517347
>writers can't use sound

But they can and do, do you think the word "crack" sounds the same as "smooth"?
>>
>>8517347
iaaaaa yamete! iku! iku!!! IKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>8517368
pFSHHHHHHHHH pump pump splash
>>
File: 4151627888.jpg (48KB, 366x475px) Image search: [Google]
4151627888.jpg
48KB, 366x475px
>>8517347
The only edge visual novels have over conventional novels are sex scenes
>>
I like visual novels as a medium, but it's hindered by the people actually writing them.

The only competent VN writer is Ryukishi07, and even then he's a kind of shit writer.

Really, really nice ideas though, but his prose is really meh.
>>
>>8517347
Maybe...probably not.
>>
>>8517347
fuck you and your shitty thread
>>
>>8517699
good bump
>>
>>8517347

Words are inherently superior to pictures. Pictures are cavemen shit. Words are what ascended mankind.
>>
File: gahhh.gif (2MB, 247x183px) Image search: [Google]
gahhh.gif
2MB, 247x183px
>>8517347
Was thinking of this earlier.

The visual novel is a nearly untapped artistic medium. Save for just barely a few titles, most visual novels today are little more than hentai.

It's a real shame. The medium can potentially have the best of both film and literature. It can have the perfect voices and illustrations for characters and atmospheric settings and backdrops, but also provide the critical depth present only in books. But, again, it's a massive shame, because almost all of it is otaku drek that stretches on for DAYS.

The only notable VN I can even think of is Saya no Uta, which is probably my favorite horror story of all time, save for its fucking redundant and ill-fitting sex scenes.

I'd love to spearhead the new western movement of visual novels or something like that and prove that it's a medium that has the potential to be respected, but I just don't have the time at the moment. If anyone else wishes to be the vanguard, by all means let me know.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.