[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think your life's story is worth turning into a book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: leather-book-preview.png (282KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
leather-book-preview.png
282KB, 600x505px
>>
lmao no
>>
In capable hands, sure. Otherwise, lol no
>>
>>8516287
>>8516296
Why guys?
>>
Yes, almost anything can be interesting if the delivery is there. I mean, look at Karl Ove Knausgaard.
Read this OP:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/feb/26/karl-ove-knausgaard-the-shame-of-writing-about-myself

>Who would want to know that I had stood and pissed up against a pile of snow while listening to Talking Heads on a Walkman one night in the 1980s?
>>
"No subject is terrible if the story is true, if the prose is clean and honest, and if it affirms courage and grace under pressure."

-Hemingway
>>
>>8516320
>and if it affirms courage and grace under pressure

Well there goes my life story
>>
Yes. There are events in my life that seem almost unreal to me. The time I got into a fight and someone tore all the skin off my back in the Dominican Republic would make for at least a good short story
>>
Yes and no.

I've done some interesting shit -- walked the Grand Traverse, the Tongariro Crossing, around Lake Waikaremoana, been dog-sledding.

Spent years doing absolutely nothing.

Could write an awesome autobiography about that time I was committed for nine months.
>>
>>8516280
oh yes ...many lives lived in one ,you would cry your fucking eyes out but ultimately be perplexed why him ...
>>
Some parts yeah but it makes better inspiration than subject
>>
>>8516280
Not yet. I've had an interesting life, and people who know my life find it somewhat tragic in a first world way, but I'd need to wait it out a bit because the spiral hasn't stopped going down quite yet, and no one wants an ending like that.
>>
In any accurate retelling? Not at all. As the basis for something that's highly embellished? Maybe.
>>
>>8516314
>>Who would want to know that I had stood and pissed up against a pile of snow while listening to Talking Heads on a Walkman one night in the 1980s?

That's a good question, isn't it? Not me, that's who.
>>
>>8516280
My life might be interesting from the family side of things and just how fucked up my childhood was. But either than that it was just me playing video games but until I was 21.
>>
If even the "great" people of this world have the need to lie and exaggerate in their biographies, why would I think that my life would make a great story?
>>
>>8516280
Not yet. My life so far has either been a drumrole for a happy dramatic ending or for a crushing tragedy. Either way I'll have to wait a decade or so to know. The suspense is killing me.
>>
>>8518055
If you aren't writing and defining the arc of your life's trajectory yourself... But sure, keep waiting.
>>
>>8518061
>Implying you have any say on how your life shapes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.