[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If postmodernism is still the current fashionable thing how is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1413447394144.jpg (28KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
1413447394144.jpg
28KB, 500x508px
If postmodernism is still the current fashionable thing how is academia so full of ideological bullshit?
>>
>>8515838
Because your daddys a cuckold
>>
>>8515838

explain to me how having postmodernism fashionable is in anyway a contradiction to an academia full of ideological bullshit
>>
>>8515855
Postmodernism is critical of ideology, at least in theory.
>>
Postmodernism is long dead, at least in lit.
>>
Give me the definition of postmodernism in a single sentence
>>
>>8515910
A reaction against modernist techniques; namely interiority and stream-of-consciousness, in favor of intentionally 1D characters and complicated plots/systems.
>>
>>8515910
>DUDE IT'S ALL SUBJECTIVE LMAO
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 500x357px
>>8515855
Yea like >>8515898 says, postmodernism is supposed to be post ideological in character.

>>8515910
No truth, no God, no rulz - check 'em!
>>
>>8515898
>>8515838
>critical of ideology
>>
Gee...it's almost as if you people picked very flimsy (or not flimsy enough) definitions of these terms without understanding that both ideology and postmodernism are terms who depend on the writer, and not rules written in stone.....
>>
>>8515838
>If postmodernism is still the current fashionable thing

It's not.

>how is academia so full of ideological bullshit?

Everyone holds an ideology of some sort. You only think it's "bullshit" because it's opposed to your ideology.
>>
>>8515954
>It's not.
What is fashionable in the current year?
>>
>>8515961
Yuppie social realism for bored rich housewives
>>
>>8515989
Even outside literature and photography?
>>
>>8515917

you're describing the dominants and styles, not the actual philosophy

>>8515918

not exactly
>>
>>8515961

depends on the audience:

Professors: Deleuze, Lacan, Fanon, things that they've liked since the 80s

Average reader: nothing more intelligent than "bakers should be forced to make wedding cakes for gay couples"

You: a skirt and a cute pair of knickers
>>
>>8515989
That's not college
>>
>>8515910
Modernism creates a paradigm for you to inhabit; postmodernism inhabits your paradigm
>>
>>8516307
>18 yo who plans on telling his parents he's gonna follow his dreams as a shitposter
>>
>>8515910
decentralization of truth and identity
>>
>>8516326
I'm 22
>>
Why are vegetables green if squash is purple?
>>
>>8515961
Muh QUEER """"theory"""" and other identity politics-laden bullshit. It's neoliberal gibberish that has nothing to do with the postmodern theories it's supposedly derived from.
>>
>>8515910
A load of shite
>>
>>8516281
Deleuze is not "fashionable" in any sense you think he is.

It's just that only now people are managing to completely aprehend his work and use it to develop their stuff. Same thing with Nietzsche in the 20s-30s or Heidegger in the 50s-60s, these works are just too dense to be completely assimiliated so fast, so, it usually takes a while for them to really become "mainstays".

The single difference between Deleuze and the others is that, despite academia either navigating around or just using parts of his work, he has been a huge figure in non-academic circles since he was still alive as well.
>>
>>8515952
zizek is a fucking retard
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.