[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>take responsibility for everything, your life was shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

>take responsibility for everything, your life was shitty because of you and not your abusive parents
>take responsibility for nothing, you have never had any agency and don't know how you ever will

philosophy for this feeling?
>>
>>8514534

False problem. Try Marxism.
>>
>>8514556
This
>>
>>8514534
the holy bible
>>
File: 1471123259003.png (236KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471123259003.png
236KB, 400x300px
You can take responsibility functionally to achieve practical results whether you're a skeptic about human agency or final cause of your taking responsibility or not.

For example cognitive behavioral therapy disproves the null hypothesis that you can't change how you think and act because it has a pretty good and consistent success rate. But disproving here means merely that the statistics lead us to believe strongly in the positive effect, there will always be philosophical skepticism about what is really going on but that doesn't change the results and it doesn't change the hunch that it works anyways.

That's where provisionally taking responsibility comes into play. You can assume responsibility -now- to assume that you have the agency to change your life practically, one step at a time, maybe just to gather up the strength to go to therapy which will aid you in achieving your goals, maybe to actually get started, write that book or whatever. Agency or no agency, ultimate grounding or not, because life isn't a philosophy classroom and we are forced to make more or less educated guesses all the time based on intuition and life without intuition and emotion is impossible see prefrontal cortex and so on.

The language game of responsibility, self-blame, deflecting blame etc. I hope should be obvious now. Of course it has no philosophical grounding, you would ultimately be blaming an infant for not possessing reason. That's not its function, it's to strengthen your resolve and for you to feel more in control because the feeling of control is empowering.

Believe in what empowers you like neetcheese
>>
>>8514616
PS sorry for my C grade English I know it's ugly
>>
>>8514534
>you have never had any agency
So, have you been in a coma since birth or what?
>>
Control has no locus and even if it did it wouldn't be internal.

Taoism I guess?
>>
Epictetus 100%
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.