[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons, help me in my quest for wisdom. What should I read to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (4KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 189x267px
Anons, help me in my quest for wisdom. What should I read to become wiser? A list would be nice.
>>
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>8512102
The Great Books of the Western World.
>>
>>8512137
Thank you, seems like a great book. What about wisdom outside of the western world though?
>>
>>8512102
https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Works-Everymans-Library/dp/1400040213

Read this and The King James Bible. These two works will fill you with wordly wisdom. People can meme all they want about the Bible but it still has pearls of wisdom.
>>
>>8512163
Ah, I love the essays. Haven't read all of them, but I'm getting there.
I haven't read the bible but I'll probably do that in the future. Do you recommend other religious works like the quran, book of genesis etc?
>>
>>8512156
Just read Julius Evola, he puts eastern philosophy into a redpilled context
>>
>>8512179
Quran is also full of wisdom, after i read it i felt enlightened even though i'm an atheist. Also a lot of interesting short stories, and it's pretty much a morality course. Would recommend to anyone.

I've heard muslim preachers telling that the the Quran is an untouched book since it was written, every word is the same. Also, they say that the Bible is the Quran(or some other islam book there are 4 if i remember correctly) people took and "modernized" it, writing in it themselves and deleting bits, which ended up being totally different book.
>>
>>8512163
Are everyman's a meme? They're usually less than 20$ and seem nice.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.