[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Susanna Wadeson, publishing director at Transworld"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: wadeson.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
wadeson.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>"Susanna Wadeson, publishing director at Transworld"

>"There are six elements I think about when considering a project:

>"Platform: Who is the author and do they have a public profile to help us promote the book? Do they have an existing following / readership on TV / radio / social media? Essentially, is there a chatter factor?"
>>
>>8512011
Omg capitalism is so evil!!!!
>>
I don't know if this is necessarily a bad thing. Think about comedians like Pete Holmes or Marc Maron. They built their own audiences from podcasts so the people who come out to see them aren't comedy crowds but fans of them. It allows them to experiment because the audience is giving them so much leeway.

It's about the following you're trying develop. If you're just pumping numbers on twitter by posting clickbait and inane shit then you'll create an audience who likes that. If the work is solid and you promote, you can gain fans who are just excited to see where you'll take them.
>>
>>8512011
and what are the other five?
>>
>>8512042
>"Background: Is the author an interesting person? Sadly in my experience many authors who write interesting fiction tend to be rather dull and often anti-social individuals. The questions I ask are what community does the author come from? Is their voice one that is diverse and exciting? Do they eschew the stereotype of the 'troubled white male'? The identity of the author has never been so important [in the world of publishing]."
>>
>>8512059
Dropped.
>>
>>8512072
>Dropped
Doesn't make sense in this context. Work on your writing.
>>
>>8512077
Dropped.
>>
>>8512011

So, you have to already be an established writer in order to get established?

>>8512059

WEEEEEWWWW BOOOOYYYY!!!! It's troubling how common this is today in publishing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.