[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the artist obsolete now in modern society? The intimate one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Literature_Stock-Photo.jpg (1MB, 2000x1598px) Image search: [Google]
Literature_Stock-Photo.jpg
1MB, 2000x1598px
Is the artist obsolete now in modern society? The intimate one on one experience between artist, and audience? Its gone, due to reddit pretty much. All the immersion and philosophy and human dilemmas now are provided by the hive mind on sites like reddit.
>>
>>8511277
>thinks reddit is a hivemind and 4chan isn't
>>
>>8511284
reddit is a hivemind, 4chan by its nature is not, since you don't have upvotes and downvotes and is totally anonymous, and has no moderators so the human element of censorship is gone.
>>
>>8511595
Mein gott.
>>
>>8511599
Dies uezs
>>
What exactly did reddit do to kill culture?
>>
Quit being a retard, people read books, listen to music, see dance and theater, and watch movies every day. No one gives a shit about paintings anymore though.
>>
Not everyone's online.
>>
>>8511595
>since you don't have upvotes and downvotes and is totally anonymous, and has no moderators

On the contrary, by the very fact that we are all "Anonymous" means that individuality is impossible. The hivemind on 4chan is not controlled and maintained by upvotes/downvotes or moderators but by Anonymous themselves and by "board culture" and memes. Boards like /a/ and /v/ and many others are almost esoteric in that they reject and ridicule any newcomers that aren't yet "initiated" into the mindset of the board. This in turn effectively stamps out any real constructive discussions and if any unwarranted opinions actually make it through the hivemind they're often disregarded as "bait". And so the hivemind on 4chan continually perpetuates itself. Even on /lit/ where the pleb/patrician dichotomy reigns supreme, and casts a shadow on almost every thread, one cannot escape the hivemind.
>>
read mao II
>>
>>8511604
advice animal memes and Atheism
>>
>>8511767
You're mistaking people having objectively good taste with an artificial consensus
This is what seperates 4chan from reddit
>>
>>8511955
Kek
>>
>>8511277
Holy... I want more
>>
>>8511817
This, plus watch "Don Delillo documentary" on youtube
>>
>>8511277
>Is the artist obsolete now in modern society?
There are more people than ever completely absorbed in the virtual worlds of artists on a daily basis. I have no fucking clue how you could even ask this question.

>All the immersion and philosophy and human dilemmas now are provided by the hive mind on sites like reddit.
I have no idea what you're even talking about.
>>
1. Traditional artists have been on the decline since tradition began. Artists are more sensitive to the disturbance in the force

2 Depends on the consumer in this case as always have been, do your feelings resonate because you interpret the art in your own way or interpret it for/because of your peers

3. Even the hive mind is made of single units and each of them a part of the hive mind, the dualism never ends in the past now or forever
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.